Curious about Manning now

Dave2010

Mar 6, 2011
Anyone think that since Denver has the second toughest schedule that Manning can actually get them to a 10-6 record??? It seems a little high to me. I was thinking more of an 8-8 record.

Only reason I am beating a dead horse, is because Skip Bayless has them at 10-6 and my lonely Chiefs at 7-9. Makes no sense at all when the back half of the Chiefs defense is pretty tight. and if Diontre (spelling) Poe does work out, I think that defense could be pretty surprising this year.

Last edited:

TheCaptain

Bookie
Jul 2, 2009
Iowa
It will still be about defense in Denver.That's how you win in the NFL these days.
Play to your strength.
Payton will make a diff on O but the strength of the team will still be the def.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Yeah, I think 10-6 or 11-5 is a strong possibility. Their stable of running backs isn't very imposing, but Colts fans have been watching Manning make chicken salad out of chicken **** for several years now. The last elite RB he played with was Edgerrin James back in 04 or 05.

Dave2010

Mar 6, 2011
No, I think his career is over as we know it.

I thought they shored up the offense for him? I know Tebow ran for his life the last games he played. I dont see Manning as a scrambler unless its for his life. I also don't see a 10-6 record, I hope he does go out in the sunset after a few games. I still believe that San Francisco would have been a better place for him over all. Denver was just a spot thanks to Elway. Wonder what happens if this turns into a monsoon of wrong answers.

Say Peyton gets hurt, what happens to Elway and the team. They "supposedly" built this team around Manning with what they had. Even adding Harvin would have been good for them.

Cutlass

Mar 23, 2006
Omaha
ramblingscotty.blogspot.com
I thought they shored up the offense for him? I know Tebow ran for his life the last games he played. I dont see Manning as a scrambler unless its for his life. I also don't see a 10-6 record, I hope he does go out in the sunset after a few games. I still believe that San Francisco would have been a better place for him over all. Denver was just a spot thanks to Elway. Wonder what happens if this turns into a monsoon of wrong answers.

Say Peyton gets hurt, what happens to Elway and the team. They "supposedly" built this team around Manning with what they had. Even adding Harvin would have been good for them.

Realistically there is no plan B. If Manning gets hurt we're writing this year off. But Peyton gets rid of the ball as fast as any QB in the league and he nearly always stays in the pocket, so the O line will always know where he is which makes blocking much easier. That's why I think his hits will be limited compared to Tebows and I why I think he'll stay healthy.

I'm all in on Plan Peyton.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Denver has a great defense, and Manning is one of the best QB's in the league at clock management. He keeps defenses fresh with time consuming drives, if he stays healthy Denver could be very good.

RoseClone

Oct 18, 2006
Anyone think that since Denver has the second toughest schedule that Manning can actually get them to a 10-6 record??? It seems a little high to me. I was thinking more of an 8-8 record.

Only reason I am beating a dead horse, is because Skip Bayless has them at 10-6 and my lonely Chiefs at 7-9. Makes no sense at all when the back half of the Chiefs defense is pretty tight. and if Diontre (spelling) Poe does work out, I think that defense could be pretty surprising this year.

Skip is nuts.....no way the Chiefs win 7 games.:biglaugh:

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

Disappointed. Thought it was about Danny Manning!

zwclones51

Aug 4, 2010
West Des Moines
Anyone think that since Denver has the second toughest schedule that Manning can actually get them to a 10-6 record??? It seems a little high to me. I was thinking more of an 8-8 record.Only reason I am beating a dead horse, is because Skip Bayless has them at 10-6 and my lonely Chiefs at 7-9. Makes no sense at all when the back half of the Chiefs defense is pretty tight. and if Diontre (spelling) Poe does work out, I think that defense could be pretty surprising this year.

All depends on Cassell. If he plays even average, Chiefs have a good shot at playoffs

Rural

Feb 3, 2010

No, that's his normal game.

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Anyone think that since Denver has the second toughest schedule that Manning can actually get them to a 10-6 record??? It seems a little high to me. I was thinking more of an 8-8 record.Only reason I am beating a dead horse, is because Skip Bayless has them at 10-6 and my lonely Chiefs at 7-9. Makes no sense at all when the back half of the Chiefs defense is pretty tight. and if Diontre (spelling) Poe does work out, I think that defense could be pretty surprising this year.
Disappointed. Thought it was about Danny Manning!

he never won at Hilton!

Cyclonz

Nov 23, 2009
Denver, CO
If Broncos can go 8 and 8 with Tebow, 10 wins is not a stretch at all with Manning. Rating an NFL schedule is hard to do - injuries play such a key role.

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
when i look at the kansas city chiefs, I could see them winning a lot of games this year. They have a very talented group that was demoralized by injuries last season. If they can stay healthy, I say they make the playoffs and even win a playoff game.