Curious - Alcohol

RonBurgundy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 5, 2017
Now that we are up to 16 conference schools, anyone know how many sell beer in stadium?

Is it just going to be us and BYU that hold out?

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Most-recent link I could find, from 2019, these don’t - some of this may have changed since then (see KSU note):

ISU
BYU
Baylor
Kansas State*
TCU
UCF
Utah
*K-State experimented with in-game sales for a year, thee returned to policy of available only in club seating/beer gardens.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
It's an arms race between alcohol and sports betting to see which can dominate first. I'm guessing soon you'll be able to place your bets and order your alcohol in the concourse all at the same time.

Reactions: MugNight

KidSilverhair

Dec 18, 2010
Rapids of the Cedar
www.kegofglory.blogspot.com
It's an arms race between alcohol and sports betting to see which can dominate first. I'm guessing soon you'll be able to place your bets and order your alcohol in the concourse all at the same time.
“Get a free 16 oz. Busch Light with your first in-game bet at Jack Trice with the AB InBev sports betting app! Offer valid only for bets made during games at Jack Trice, age 21 or older, Iowa State athletic team members EXPRESSLY prohibited”

MugNight

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 27, 2021
Honestly, I’m wondering when we see the first full fledged sports book at a Pro stadium. (If it hasn’t already happened out there)

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
As somebody that doesn't drink or bet, my view is obviously not a common one. Not a judge of those that enjoy either, I just know because of my biological father, I can't start that ball rolling.

But I HATE all the gambling and alcohol stuff - you literally can't look at anything about sports without getting bombarded with it.

Reactions: CychedClones