CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
This was pretty funny, the Rock has been back as a heel and he’s almost breaking character here lol

Reactions: Cycsk

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Wow - they let Sami pay tribute to El Generico with a Brainbustaaaaa!!!.

El Generico at whatever Mexican orphanage he's currently at is smiling (assuming his corps isn't lying in a ditch somewhere)

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
100%. Laid out great to hammer home the Final Boss stuff and to make The Rock look great in the stuff he can still do.

Was that match a wrestling clinic? No. It was a storytelling clinic. And it needed to happen exactly the way it happened for Cody's win tomorrow night to have maximum impact.

And NGL - Rock looked DAMN good in it.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Missed most of tonight with other engagements, but caught main event. Rock for his age was in amazing shape. I thought he was going pants like everyone else but nope still went with his trademark trunks.

I think tomorrow main event while it is Bloodline rules with be like Avengers endgame. Everyone who has had an issue with Bloodline will come out to help Cody.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Missed most of tonight with other engagements, but caught main event. Rock for his age was in amazing shape. I thought he was going pants like everyone else but nope still went with his trademark trunks.

I think tomorrow main event while it is Bloodline rules with be like Avengers endgame. Everyone who has had an issue with Bloodline will come out to help Cody.

I don't think it was MOTN - that would still be the one before it - the IC match between Gunther and Sami Zayn (I mean - Brainbustaaaaaa!!! - I think it's the first time he's used it in WWE, at least since his early NXT days if Haitch let him use it there, I dunno).

Outside of the Usos match (Jimmy just isn't a good singles wrestler and while Jey is decent enough, he's not good enough to carry someone like his brother), this was an outstanding night one.

And yeah - if they wanted to play it that way It honestly could be the Bloodline vs damn near half the locker room.

Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Watched every match tonight. Looking forward to tomorrow. The Intercontinental match was awesome.

Only result that shocked me. Really thought Gunther would retain. Glad to be wrong. Time for Gunther to get a main event push anyway.

Also glad tag titles were split. Too many good tag teams to have them together.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Also with so many talented women in wwe and just 4 belts 2 main event and tag belts I think 1 or both shows should maybe introduce mid card titles ala us and intercontinental belts.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Only result that shocked me. Really thought Gunther would retain. Glad to be wrong. Time for Gunther to get a main event push anyway.

Also glad tag titles were split. Too many good tag teams to have them together.

NXT Stand and Deliver was really good this afternoon as well. Loved the Roxy Perez heel turn, and how it was facilitated by losing the title that she never actually lost last year and continuously getting screwed over just trying to even get rematches for it... and Lyra Valkyria just kept benefitting at her expense. It was a descent into madness, and was one of the most understandable and sympathetic heel turns ever - and she might be even more popular as a heel than Valkyria is as a face. Plus her Mary Sue schtick got really old.

Also with so many talented women in wwe and just 4 belts 2 main event and tag belts I think 1 or both shows should maybe introduce mid card titles ala us and intercontinental belts.

Kind of ironic you mentioned this - NXT just introduced a Women's NA Title. As the women's roster on the main roster grows, I could easily see Women's IC and US Titles introduced.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Also if you haven't caught it the Hall of Fame was great. Paul Heyman with maybe best acceptance speech ever. Tribute to Bray at end of US Express speech had me in tears.

• Winner
Reactions: CRcyclone6

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Night 2 Predictions:

- Drew beats Seth, Damien successfully cashes in. Drew has been a great “woe is me” heel and having the belt for 15 seconds before losing it would only add to that story.

- Logan Paul wins tonight in some cheap ass way but Randy and KO (RKO can be a legit team name) turn attention as a duo towards Waller and Theory for the tag belts

- Rock turns on Roman for speering him. Sets up storyline for next years Wrestlemania. Winner gets the Ula Fall

Cody wins and Bloodline suffers an identity crisis. Only bummer is my guess is this sends Cody to Smackown unless belts change brands.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
I’m curious where they go with Sami’s belt. Obvious matchup would be Gable but you don’t really want two faces feuding.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Great night last night, other than the Usos who were truly terrible. I was looking forward to that one but it was 95% just them agreeing to super kick each other in the face. They may have to get them back together as a tag because neither are singles guys. But they seem overloaded with tag teams at the moment.

• Agree

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
Wow - they let Sami pay tribute to El Generico with a Brainbustaaaaa!!!.

El Generico at whatever Mexican orphanage he's currently at is smiling (assuming his corps isn't lying in a ditch somewhere)

That looks like two mentally challenged dudes play fighting

• Dumb
Reactions: jdoggivjc

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
That looks like two mentally challenged dudes play fighting
I know you wrestling haters think you look cool when you do this but it really comes off as insecure and pathetic. Do you feel the need to talk **** every time somebody talks about an action movie? Look down on all forms of entertainment centered around scripted/choreographed fighting and stunts or just one?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron