CW POD: Is pro wrestling fun again?

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Night 2 Predictions:

- Drew beats Seth, Damien successfully cashes in. Drew has been a great “woe is me” heel and having the belt for 15 seconds before losing it would only add to that story.

- Logan Paul wins tonight in some cheap ass way but Randy and KO (RKO can be a legit team name) turn attention as a duo towards Waller and Theory for the tag belts

- Rock turns on Roman for speering him. Sets up storyline for next years Wrestlemania. Winner gets the Ula Fall

Cody wins and Bloodline suffers an identity crisis. Only bummer is my guess is this sends Cody to Smackown unless belts change brands.
I think Cody is going to work both shows for the summer and eventually end up on Raw. Netflix is going to get to pull all the strings.

Agreed with everything else. I only saw the main last night but I really think Triple H is going to put together a massive night tonight.

1UNI2ISU

Jan 30, 2013
Waterloo
Wow - they let Sami pay tribute to El Generico with a Brainbustaaaaa!!!.

El Generico at whatever Mexican orphanage he's currently at is smiling (assuming his corps isn't lying in a ditch somewhere)

I'm old enough to remember when Sami was bUrIeD after Elimination Chamber last year...

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Night 2 Predictions:

- Drew beats Seth, Damien successfully cashes in. Drew has been a great “woe is me” heel and having the belt for 15 seconds before losing it would only add to that story.

- Logan Paul wins tonight in some cheap ass way but Randy and KO (RKO can be a legit team name) turn attention as a duo towards Waller and Theory for the tag belts

- Rock turns on Roman for speering him. Sets up storyline for next years Wrestlemania. Winner gets the Ula Fall

Cody wins and Bloodline suffers an identity crisis. Only bummer is my guess is this sends Cody to Smackown unless belts change brands.

NGL - I'm looking forward to this very thing almost as much as I am to Cody completing the story. His reaction is going to be priceless in the immediate aftermath as well as for months following.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I think Cody is going to work both shows for the summer and eventually end up on Raw. Netflix is going to get to pull all the strings.

Agreed with everything else. I only saw the main last night but I really think Triple H is going to put together a massive night tonight.

Plus shortly after mania is draft so guessing title Seth has currently will go to Smackdown.

• Agree
Reactions: 1UNI2ISU

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
One thing watching A&E Roman doc and brought up in press conference is that he's on medication for his leukemia for life. I like alot of people brought up him giving Cena crap about being part time to him doing the same thing was hypocritical but I never thought about because of his past illness that he can't physically do a full-time schedule.

Plus like they did with Brock wwe with Roman realizes that fewer appearances make the appearances he does make all the more special.

SwirlyBird

Aug 2, 2015
I know you wrestling haters think you look cool when you do this but it really comes off as insecure and pathetic. Do you feel the need to talk **** every time somebody talks about an action movie? Look down on all forms of entertainment centered around scripted/choreographed fighting and stunts or just one?
Just looked dumb. I'm not a wrestling hater. I enjoy watching wrestling. If that's what you want to throw your money at, cool.

Reactions: HitItHard58

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
One thing watching A&E Roman doc and brought up in press conference is that he's on medication for his leukemia for life. I like alot of people brought up him giving Cena crap about being part time to him doing the same thing was hypocritical but I never thought about because of his past illness that he can't physically do a full-time schedule.

Plus like they did with Brock wwe with Roman realizes that fewer appearances make the appearances he does make all the more special.

Yeah, most of my disgust with Roman is just a work in my own head - mostly because he's been the champion for going on 4 years straight with that and the Bloodline story having grown completely stale - and him really should have losing it last year against Cody.

In reality, for dealing with a lifelong condition, the dude looks like he's in the best shape of his life, and when he's actually in the ring, he goes all out.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Yeah, most of my disgust with Roman is just a work in my own head - mostly because he's been the champion for going on 4 years straight with that and the Bloodline story having grown completely stale - and him really should have losing it last year against Cody.

In reality, for dealing with a lifelong condition, the dude looks like he's in the best shape of his life, and when he's actually in the ring, he goes all out.

And the stuff about lifting his family up isn't just a line. The usos and solo are better wrestlers because of being associated in storylines with him.

And wwe finally realizing the money in Roman was as a heel not a face.

HitItHard58

Nov 3, 2012
Story Co.
Just looked dumb. I'm not a wrestling hater. I enjoy watching wrestling. If that's what you want to throw your money at, cool.
My bad I apologize for jumping to conclusions. Developed a short fuse over the years with the drive by haters popping in occasionally.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Glad to have a guy repping Iowa in his intro but I've been ready for someone besides Seth to be champion.

The singing is old, the over the top wardrobe is stale too.

That being said Drew does nothing for me either. Hoping for a Drew win then immediate cash in by Priest.

ISUCubswin

Mar 3, 2011
My Playhouse
Night 2 Predictions:

1/1

CRcyclone6

Bookie
Dec 27, 2007
Cedar Rapids
Glad to have a guy repping Iowa in his intro but I've been ready for someone besides Seth to be champion.

The singing is old, the over the top wardrobe is stale too.

That being said Drew does nothing for me either. Hoping for a Drew win then immediate cash in by Priest.
How the **** did you do that?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron