CW Pod (on IE) with Dan McCarney

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I had the pleasure to shoot the **** with Coach Mac today for a bit. Figured you guys would like it and I'd share it here.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Uhm…..

thor-so-excited-yes-ogq3px6k0lqr7jpj.gif

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I had the pleasure to shoot the **** with Coach Mac today for a bit. Figured you guys would like it and I'd share it here.

I got as emotional as Mac was talking about the Insight bowl as I did the night of the game. Love that man.

CtownCyclone

Really Strong Cardinals
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 20, 2010
Where they love the governor
We should pay Danny Mac to come in each year and coach the team during Iowa week. He actually gave a f about beating them.

No doubt. I became a Cyclone in high school in 1998. Hadn't completely decided I was an engineer, but was trending that way. Thought I would be a Hok at ISU. Drubbing them in Kinnick that day solidified my fandom, especially since I was there.

Pat

Oct 20, 2011
@ChrisMWilliams on the intro, your mic is waaaay over-compressed, leading to the distorted/megaphone vocal sound, room noise/reverb, and loud breaths. Guessing the gain between the mic and the PC is too high, happy to help troubleshoot in the unlikely event that you and the production team can’t track it down.

Also…. holy smokes, I think you buried the lede until about 35:20. Always love hearing you and Mac talk football.

Reactions: quasistellar

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
Oh no. I want to listen to this podcast, but I also want to sleep tonight. May have to wait until morning. Coach Mac is much more powerful than caffeine!
Haha! Just listened, and now I'm pumped!

Gonna need an extra melatonin tonight to try to get to sleep!

• Haha
Reactions: deadeyededric

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America

Only one way to put that one: Phenomenal.

MJ29

Aug 21, 2020
Hearing Dan get emotional about his time at ISU really hit me. As we watch coaches jump ship at various places, you always wonder if they really care about the teams/schools where they coach. It's no doubt Coach Mac cared and still cares. It's refreshing, honestly.

nrg4isu

Dec 29, 2009
Springfield, Illinois
Hearing Dan get emotional about his time at ISU really hit me. As we watch coaches jump ship at various places, you always wonder if they really care about the teams/schools where they coach. It's no doubt Coach Mac cared and still cares. It's refreshing, honestly.

Mac poured his heart into ISU and it 100% took someone like him, with his passion, to build ISU up from the door mat that we were.

Reactions: NWICY and MJ29

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa

And the way it ended, he doesn't seem bitter. I suppose it comes with the territory a bit, but I'd be kinda disappointed.

throwittoblythe

Aug 7, 2006
Minneapolis, MN
And the way it ended, he doesn't seem bitter. I suppose it comes with the territory a bit, but I'd be kinda disappointed.
I'd be curious what his relationship is with Pollard. I might be reading too much into it, but Dan didn't say anything about JP when he was talking about all the great improvements to the facilities and the program.

I wouldn't blame him if he was bitter toward JP. That dude loved ISU as much as anyone. I'm sure he still believed he could turn it around at the end. Hell, it speaks to his character that he's still supporting the program after being fired from it.

• Agree
Reactions: nrg4isu