Cy-Hawk Predictions

Psyclone Brian

Apr 11, 2006
42°00'50"N 93°
I predicted ISU over UNI 91-81. I was wrong, (91-82) was the final.
This game I'm going to say ISU wins it 90-79.

b.t.w. Who are the referees for this game?

Last edited:

hawkeyescott

Jun 13, 2008
Scotty you say the NIT "run" (should be runs) has nothing to do with it yet put Virginia on your list and you did notice that they lost all the games you listed. Right?

NIT or not they did win at Virginia and yes they did lose at the other places. I'm not here saying Iowa is going to win or not, I'm just pointing out that Hilton won't be the first hostile environment this team has faced like some want to believe. Iowa also won't be intimidated as Jok and Uthoff are the only two that haven't really faced what they are about to face Friday night. Yes Hilton may have an effect on the outcome, but I guess we will find out tomorrow night just how much. .

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
I predicted ISU over UNI 91-81. I was wrong, (91-82) was the final.
This game I'm going to say ISU wins it 90-79.

b.t.w. Who are the referees for this game?
Referee assignments are not publicly released until the day of the game.

Last edited:

AZmess

Dec 8, 2009
Iowa 86
Cyclones 80

I just think the Hawkeyes length and depth is going to be the difference maker.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I understand that and agree Hilton is a tough place to play. But the huge difference between Michigan and Iowa is the Hawks didn't lose 2 NBA players and the replacements were only playing in their fourth game.
Roy Marble said that when playing here in 1987 that they had to rely on instincts and not even try to call plays because you couldn't hear yourself think. That team was Roy, B.J, Ed Horton, Bill Jones, Jeff Moe etc. Lots of very skilled road tested veterans on that squad including 2 first round draft picks if I am not mistaken. Do you think this Iowa team has that kind of talent and toughness? Because I can be fairly certain it will be just as loud tomorrow night as it was 26 years ago. Like I said before......it will affect them.

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
NIT or not they did win at Virginia and yes they did lose at the other places. I'm not here saying Iowa is going to win or not, I'm just pointing out that Hilton won't be the first hostile environment this team has faced like some want to believe. Iowa also won't be intimidated as Jok and Uthoff are the only two that haven't really faced what they are about to face Friday night. Yes Hilton may have an effect on the outcome, but I guess we will find out tomorrow night just how much. .

Is that supposed to be impressive?

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
For some reason I have a terrible feeling about this game. We have been lucky in a couple games...I think that ends tomorrow and we end up losing 82-76.

chuckd4735

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Indianola
I wouldn't call it over the top impressive but it was a quality win, on the road, against an ACC opponent. As Adam Sandler would say, "Not too shabbyyyyyyyy"

Hoiberg won at Virginia in his first season here. It was far from "impressive". Deleware and Old Dominion won their last year.

Last edited:

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
I wouldn't call it over the top impressive but it was a quality win, on the road, against an ACC opponent. As Adam Sandler would say, "Not too shabbyyyyyyyy"
Yeah Virginia is kind of the equivalent for Baylor as far as I'm concerned. Yeah you won in a tough place and it's a good win, but it isn't a great win.

Help Support Us

Become a patron