Cy-Hawk trophy

breck53

Aug 29, 2008
Time to puff out our chest and brag about being the latest title holder- Wooooooooooo!!:spinny: Go Hawkeyes!!!!!!!!!

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I'm sensing some sarcasm on the part of the OP. At least I hope that is what it is. Because no one really gets excited about this.

Clonehomer

Apr 11, 2006
Time to puff out our chest and brag about being the latest title holder- Wooooooooooo!!:spinny: Go Hawkeyes!!!!!!!!!

So I guess this year the overall trophy is more important than the football one? Or are you celebrating because this is the first time in its history that their was some doubt whether the home team would win the trophy?

vmbplayer

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2008
Ankeny
I for one join the OP in celebrating the fact that the team that hosts 90% of the events has yet to fail to win the trophy. It's like this 'competition' was added on top of a series of events 9 years ago without any consideration to competitive balance.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
So Presidents Cup matters when you beat Iowa, but the CyHawk Series doesn't when you lose. Gotcha.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So Presidents Cup matters when you beat Iowa, but the CyHawk Series doesn't when you lose. Gotcha.

I'm not sure what you're talking about - except for a few select morons, the CyHawk Series doesn't matter when we win. It's a talking point that garners a "that's nice" expression that nobody remembers just days after the discussion.

FDWxMan

Jan 31, 2009
Des Moines
I'm not sure what you're talking about - except for a few select morons, the CyHawk Series doesn't matter when we win. It's a talking point that garners a "that's nice" expression that nobody remembers just days after the discussion.

Ehhh, it's more than a few. But the whole thing is stupid.

Usually when Iowa State wins there's a couple threads that follow the whole,

"We're Iowa State fans, the greatest fans in the world. We care about ALL our sports, even Women's ping pong, unlike crappy Iowa fans who only care about football."

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
well, bragging about it is pretty ironic considering Hawkeye fans make fun of ISU for caring about this.

SplitIdentity

Mar 31, 2007
Minnesota
Ehhh, it's more than a few. But the whole thing is stupid.

Usually when Iowa State wins there's a couple threads that follow the whole,

"We're Iowa State fans, the greatest fans in the world. We care about ALL our sports, even Women's ping pong, unlike crappy Iowa fans who only care about football."
It is pretty funny to watch this pathetic bragging attempt switch back and forth every year, and then watch the opposite side change their views.

well, bragging about it is pretty ironic considering Hawkeye fans make fun of ISU for caring about this.

Well... consider the source of the bragging.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron