Cybookie suggestion

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I don't know if this is possible, but I was wondering if there'd be any possibility of keeping the Cybookie threads off the front page kind of like the politics threads. Don't get me wrong, I love to throw down the credits as much as the next guy (I think I have like 80,000 down on games today already), but sometimes they fill up the front page. Not a big deal, just a thought...I figure us hopeless addicts would still check the betting board every 1.5-2 minutes or so but it would keep the front page more clean.:smile:

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I like them on there...I missed one of the events the other day I would have liked to wager on.

chadm

Giving it a go
Apr 11, 2006
Midwest
I don't know if this is possible, but I was wondering if there'd be any possibility of keeping the Cybookie threads off the front page kind of like the politics threads. Don't get me wrong, I love to throw down the credits as much as the next guy (I think I have like 80,000 down on games today already), but sometimes they fill up the front page. Not a big deal, just a thought...I figure us hopeless addicts would still check the betting board every 1.5-2 minutes or so but it would keep the front page more clean.:smile:

There is currently only one thread dealing with CyBookie on the front page. Not really filling it up. IMO

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I can see your point.

Personally I am in favor of leaving them on the front in order to make sure everyone sees the bets, great way for new members to locate this feature and...

Often times the betting threads turn into discussions about that event. IMO, better to have one thread discussing the event than 2.

tigershoops31

Apr 13, 2006
Ames
I can see your point.

Personally I am in favor of leaving them on the front in order to make sure everyone sees the bets, great way for new members to locate this feature and...

Often times the betting threads turn into discussions about that event. IMO, better to have one thread discussing the event than 2.

I spose...I didn't really think about that. I just didn't want anybody else's life turned upside down by their addiction to CF Betting...now I'm off to go research some more of the night games :wink:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I wonder if people foreign to betting (like me) will get addicted to it here and bet a few times (or more) where it counts.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I can see your point.

Yeah you know that is a very good point. We should attempt to not create official game threads when there is already a betting thread. Just start adding to the bookie thread for the discussion.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
For ISU stuff, I think it's good to have the game threads in the MBB (or pertinent) section.

For other games (Dallas vs Green Bay is a good example), I at least try to put my comments in the betting thread as long as the flow is going that way.

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
I like them on the front page... otherwise, sometimes I forget they are even there.

Help Support Us

Become a patron