Cyclone Alley Seating at WBB Games

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
Does anyone know what the deal is for CA-reserved seating during WBB games? Here's the scenario that leads to this question:

My wife and I both have WBB student tickets (Cy's Passes), but are not CA members. Our understanding was that we could sit in the folding chairs on the aluminum bleachers (beside the band). Not being members of CA, we sit back a ways from the front. One of the Hilton staff members informed us this afternoon that we were in CA-only territory and had to move.

After the game we checked the online seating charts and saw no delineation of CA-reserved seating. Our Cy's passes simply state that the pass is good for sitting in rows 1-14 of sections 101, 102, and 142 (the aluminum bleachers). The CA website doesn't contain any information regarding CA seating, except to say that it's in the student section.

This makes me think that there is either no official CA-only section at WBB games, or CA membership is required to use a Cy's Pass. Both of these options seem ridiculous.

Any thoughts?

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky
I think because of the Pink Out game, they may have enforced the whole "CA Seating Policy", any other games I don't believe they enforce it really.

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
I think because of the Pink Out game, they may have enforced the whole "CA Seating Policy", any other games I don't believe they enforce it really.

If that's the case, then where are those of us with student tickets, but without CA membership, supposed to sit?

bigcyfan82

Aug 30, 2008
Des Moines
If that's the case, then where are those of us with student tickets, but without CA membership, supposed to sit?

Whoever the Hilton Staff member was that told you that, was on a power trip. Student seating at hilton is only the aluminum risers with the folding chairs on them. and then in the 2nd deck if there is overflow, which hasn't happened since Texas in 2009.

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
I assume the upper deck like men's games

As in the 200's? The seating chart shows all the 200's being either $160 (reserved seating) or $99 (general admission) season tickets.
YIQFWJLQWTLQYPE.20100714135454.jpg

For the men's games there upper-deck is specifically-marked for students:
LINWVUZUKDPUSTG.20090617150335.gif

iahawkhunter

Apr 17, 2010
Huxley, IA
Whoever the Hilton Staff member was that told you that, was on a power trip. Student seating at hilton is only the aluminum risers with the folding chairs on them. and then in the 2nd deck if there is overflow, which hasn't happened since Texas in 2009.

That's what I was thinking. Although we had two staff members say that the aluminum risers were CA-only, which made me wonder if this was more than a less-informed part-timer on a power-trip.