Cyclone Athletics T-Shirt Contest

kevdiv48

Apr 21, 2011
Houston
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but the Athletic Department is having a contest for T shirts designed by fans.
Promotional T-Shirt Design Contest - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

I'm not the great with graphic design, but I think between all of the CFers here we could make some sweet designs. I'd like something with the "TAKE COVER" slogan that was put together with some of the pro combat ideas.
What would you like to see on a fan-made T shirt?

C

CyBer

I'm going to do something with this, just not sure what yet...

Waterfall

May 30, 2012
Cedar Rapids
Not sure the university would allow it but my idea is to print shirts using the premise of Jeff Foxworthy's "You know you're a Redneck if" but replace it with:

"You know you're a Hawkeye fan if"

1. You graduated from UNI.
2. You think the state bird is a Hawkeye.
3. You cheer for Zach Johnson because he played golf for the Hawkeyes.
4. You think Tom Arnold is a celebrity.

Any more?

K

KFitzy87

Not sure the university would allow it but my idea is to print shirts using the premise of Jeff Foxworthy's "You know you're a Redneck if" but replace it with:

1. You graduated from Kirkwood

Any more?

FIFY

HandSanitizer

Apr 19, 2006
Bondurant, IA

Any more?

This is great...Keep it with UNI...
#2 is great. I don't think anyone realizes what the actual state bird is.
You could throw in something about Shawn Johnson or Ashton Kutcher for #5.
#6 could be something about "you know you are a Hawkeye if you compare Valley Stadium with Jack Trice"

K

KFitzy87

I am a proud Kirkwood Alum as well as a proud Iowa State alum. Yes, many who graduate from Kirkwood happen to be Iowa fans based on geographics, but there are former Eagles like myself who are die-hard Cyclones.

Oh I know... You could also say the same about Cyclone UNI grads though...

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but the Athletic Department is having a contest for T shirts designed by fans.
Promotional T-Shirt Design Contest - Iowa State University Athletics Official Web Site - www.CYCLONES.com - The home of Iowa State Cyclone Sports

I'm not the great with graphic design, but I think between all of the CFers here we could make some sweet designs. I'd like something with the "TAKE COVER" slogan that was put together with some of the pro combat ideas.
What would you like to see on a fan-made T shirt?

I would for sure purchase a TAKE COVER shirt. I'm not sure who's design this is, but they need to submit it now (maybe remove the nike sign)

huntt26

Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk

Any more?

5. You cannot name any current Hawkeye basketball players
6. You pay your football coach half of a million dollars for each win

CyDude16

Oct 2, 2008
Heads in the sky

Any more?

Oh yes, further perpetuate the stereotype that ISU fans are obsessed with Iowa...

:no: