Cyclone - Baby Bash & T Pain

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
T Pain originally did the hook according to him. He gives the sample and it's pretty damn good

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
T Pain originally did the hook according to him. He gives the sample and it's pretty damn good

Silly me. I actually thought this was a song about the Iowa State Cyclones made by someone who was supportive of us. Never, obviously, paid attention to the rest of the lyrics or the video.

• Funny
Reactions: RezClone

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
There was a Napster/Limewire type music service around that time that as long as you were connected to a college network and had a student email address to create an account, you could legally download music for free. Wish I could remember what it was called.

It would show the most popular music being downloaded on campus. The Baby Bash Cyclone was the most downloaded song by far. Something like 15,000 or 20,000 downloads. The second-most downloaded song was downloaded like 5,000 times or something.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
There was a Napster/Limewire type music service around that time that as long as you were connected to a college network and had a student email address to create an account, you could legally download music for free. Wish I could remember what it was called.

It would show the most popular music being downloaded on campus. The Baby Bash Cyclone was the most downloaded song by far. Something like 15,000 or 20,000 downloads. The second-most downloaded song was downloaded like 5,000 times or something.
Strangesearch was developed at ISU, that may be what you're thinking of?

Reactions: CYdTracked

2speedy1

Jan 4, 2014
Yeah, there was a guy on my gf's floor in Friley that had a bass guitar and would only play the riff from Hash Pipe.

Got old quick.
Yeah that being the same basic riff the entire song, I can see it getting old fast. I mean the song got old fast let alone just the repeating riff.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
Strangesearch was developed at ISU, that may be what you're thinking of?
I think Strangeseach got shutdown before this song came out? Thats what I remember, Strangesearch was great but I believe they got threatened with legal action over copyright laws or something like that because it was basically another version of Napster and Limewire.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
If you went to school after 2007 and didn’t **** to this song, were you ever a true cyclone?

I’m pretty sure the instrumental version of that was the pregame warm up track in JTS during the Chizek era.