Idea: Cyclone Fanatic®

cloneatlaw

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2006
Cedar Falls, IA
Here's a graph showing perhaps WHERE we could be in traffic and where we are. Not to spectacular, plus check out the overall rank and the change over the last three months...

A few more questions:
A.) Why do you refer to the cyclonefanatic community as "we"? You just joined a more than 3-year community within the last hour, proclaiming yourself the future savior of all things holy and now suddenly your the leader of some great cyclonefanatic reform movement?
B.) You're comparing site traffic of cyclonefanatic with iastate.edu? Do you understand the reason why iastate.edu will always have more traffic than this site? (although it's incredible how close the traffic got last December - January -- I wonder what absolutely unbelievable news story about a ridiculous decision by another athletic department drove up traffic then.)

JHudd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2006
Plano, TX
Anyone else wondering if Jeremy got in a new shipment of some good Tequila or something similar? Because this is getting pretty funny and keeping me from going to bed, I just have to see where this goes.

jaretac

Nov 26, 2006
Frigidaire
I think TM the Cyclone Fanatic might be a good idea, but I think that any corporation of CF is a bad idea, if I want that kind of site I would go to rivals or scout.

Praguejamento

Jun 29, 2009
A few more questions:
A.) Why do you refer to the cyclonefanatic community as "we"? You just joined a more than 3-year community within the last hour, proclaiming yourself the future savior of all things holy and now suddenly your the leader of some great cyclonefanatic reform movement?
B.) You're comparing site traffic of cyclonefanatic with iastate.edu? Do you understand the reason why iastate.edu will always have more traffic than this site? (although it's incredible how close the traffic got last December - January -- I wonder what absolutely unbelievable news story about a ridiculous decision by another athletic department drove up traffic then.)
I understand WHY iastate.edu has more traffic. But my question is WHY does it it have to be that way?

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
I understand WHY iastate.edu has more traffic. But my question is WHY does it it have to be that way?

Are you serious? It's the website for the institution. It's going to have more hits than any site associated with them.

Praguejamento

Jun 29, 2009
Are you serious? It's the website for the institution. It's going to have more hits than any site associated with them.
I'm not sure if you saw the graph but the gap is incredibly large. Why couldn't we get the students and professors so interested that they spent 5 minutes or so on Cyclone Fanatic after they visit iastaste.edu?

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
I'm not sure if you saw the graph but the gap is incredibly large. Why couldn't we get all the students and professors so interested that they spent 5 minutes or so on Cyclone Fanatic after they visit iastaste.edu?
God forbid some people don't give two ***** about a message board. :skeptical:

Not to mention
a) Most women don't give a crap.
b) Most men don't give a crap.
c) Let's keep students focused on things actually important in life.
d) Professors have better things to do than check out message boards.

Need I continue?

cloneatlaw

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2006
Cedar Falls, IA

I know it's late, but just think about it for awhile. I get the feeling that you're either a Roger Sprague impersonator who just came here to stir people up with incomprehensible, self-deifying ramblings or a scam artist who's about to tell us that if we only tell you our bank account numbers and mothers' maiden names you'll reveal your plan to drive up site traffic and make us all millionaires. This is not intended to be a personal attack -- I think we've all had some fun being perplexed by you (and you've probably unwittingly helped site traffic at midnight on a summer, sportless night).

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I'm not sure if you saw the graph but the gap is incredibly large. Why couldn't we get the students and professors so interested that they spent 5 minutes or so on Cyclone Fanatic after they visit iastaste.edu?

Because most professors don't give a rip about sports??? And not all students???

What is your agenda besides sounding crazy??

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
Enjoying the show.

Ahhh... I knew one had to be around...

Is this show legit?? Or is he trying to Billy May's us??

I know a way to make money... A device for the computer that you have to submit a drug test before being able to post. I have a feeling it would make millions and keep some off the site.

And how did SouthernHawk change his name and keep his stats??