*** Cyclone Fanatic Cereal Tournament: Selection Show ***

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Raisin Bran being a 4 seed is the biggest farce this committee has ever achieved since the time they left out Sex and the City in the sitcom bracket and made Mary Tyler Moore a 2 seed!

You have 18 million ways of Captain Crunch but don’t include Raisin Bran Crunch or Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds? Yet they included “Product 19” which sounds like it came from the depths of the Nuclear Engineering building.

JP really do be on this committee.

(Thanks for all you do committee, this is in jest, mostly :D)

Reactions: pourcyne

bosco

Dec 21, 2008
Des Moines
Raisin Bran being a 4 seed is the biggest farce this committee has ever achieved since the time they left out Sex and the City in the sitcom bracket and made Mary Tyler Moore a 2 seed!

You have 18 million ways of Captain Crunch but don’t include Raisin Bran Crunch or Honey Bunches of Oats with Almonds? Yet they included “Product 19” which sounds like it came from the depths of the Nuclear Engineering building.

JP really do be on this committee.

(Thanks for all you do committee, this is in jest, mostly :D)
Raisin Bran is awful and I'm not afraid to let everyone know. Will be the first bracket buster.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
I just noticed this thread and missed the prelims yesterday. Box cereal, not just for breakfast anymore! I have 5-6 choices in my cupboard at all times as I eat 1 or more bowls every day. I am pretty basic and don't buy any of the super sweet/sugary cereals. Cap'n Crunch is about the limit of sweet for me.

Reactions: cyclones500

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Grape Nuts is just crushed limestone gathered from the gravel roads running past every farm in Iowa.
Grape Nuts soaked for 20 minutes and with two spoons of sugar are pretty good. I agree, you can't eat it immediately, they need softened.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'd probably say only a handful that made the field I have eaten a decent amount of.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Reese Puffs, Captain Crunch Peanut Butter, Froot Loops, Fruity Pebbles, Lucky Charms (only because of the marshmallows)
Rice Krispies but covered with sugar
Corn Flakes again with sugar so also by proxy Frosted Flakes
Honey Smacks / Golden Crisp
Chex / Crispix although more for chex mix / puppy chow form than actual eating as a bowl of cereal.

pourcyne

Feb 19, 2011
Grape Nuts is just crushed limestone gathered from the gravel roads running past every farm in Iowa.

Actually, you can make them at home, gravel optional.

Remember that craze back in the day where people tried to make every national brand at home? I think they got everything but how to make blackity-black Oreos.

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
I'd probably say only a handful that made the field I have eaten a decent amount of.

Cinnamon Toast Crunch, Reese Puffs, Captain Crunch Peanut Butter, Froot Loops, Fruity Pebbles, Lucky Charms (only because of the marshmallows)
Rice Krispies but covered with sugar
Corn Flakes again with sugar so also by proxy Frosted Flakes
Honey Smacks / Golden Crisp
Chex / Crispix although more for chex mix / puppy chow form than actual eating as a bowl of cereal.

About half of the field of 64 I've eaten more times than I can count.

Only a few I've never eaten: Mr. T, Batman, S'Mores, Waffle Crisp, Krave. (I think that's it).

Several I've eaten no more than a couple of times.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Honey bunches of oats on the 6?!!!? **** you Rulzzz!!!

I’m not sure the selection committee has ever actually eaten cereal.

full

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
About half of the field of 64 I've eaten more times than I can count.

Only a few I've never eaten: Mr. T, Batman, S'Mores, Waffle Crisp, Krave. (I think that's it).

Several I've eaten no more than a couple of times.
There's only 5 in there that I've never had... French Toast Crunch, Bran Flakes, Kashi, Mr. T, and Batman.

Reactions: cyclones500

xboxfever

Nov 4, 2008
None of the #1 seeds deserve to be a #1 seed. I’m calling it now, none of the #1 seeds make the final 4.

Help Support Us

Become a patron