Cyclone Fanatic Demographics

What is your connection to Iowa State?

• Total voters

IAC1858

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2008
Ankeny, IA
I dont know if this has been done before but i have been on the site now for over 2 years and don't ever remember seeing anything like this. I want to know how many people posting on this site are in college, out of college, not yet in college or even just a fan of Iowa State. Having some thing like this will explain some of the general tendencies of opinions on here. Thanks for checkin this out and i cant wait to see the results.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
I seem to remember a poll for age of users, but i think it was awhile ago.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
This is about right on target, about 80% is either alum or will eventually be alum. If you did this poll with Hawkeye fans you might be lucky if that number is close to 50%

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC
So the University of Iowa is much better at reaching out and attracting non-students and alumni to support their athletics? I'm so sick of people using this like it's an insult.

This is about right on target, about 80% is either alum or will eventually be alum. If you did this poll with Hawkeye fans you might be lucky if that number is close to 50%

Reactions: LeSchmick

SC Cy

Jun 30, 2006
Omaha, NE
twitter.com
A HUGE pet peeve of mine is when ISU fans rip on opposing teams, saying their fans didn't attend the university. Iowa State needs many, many, many more fans like myself that didn't attend ISU.

Reactions: CarolinaCy

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
A HUGE pet peeve of mine is when ISU fans rip on opposing teams, saying their fans didn't attend the university. Iowa State needs many, many, many more fans like myself that didn't attend ISU.

Shame on you for not attending ISU.

cyfanatic13

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Only a freshman in high school. Would LOVE to go to Iowa State.

RING4CY

Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2010
Ames, IA
There's more current Iowa State students on Cyclone Fanatic than I thought there were.

Clonedogg

Sep 4, 2009
CR, IA
biblehub.com

I also hate this. Am I a second class fan because I didnt go to the college? Four yr college was not for me, and its not for everyone. I have supported the college with my fanaticism, since I was 4 yrs old, and my money as I got older. I have lived in eastern Ia all my life and had to take crap all my life, am I not worthy? If you want ISU to get all the things it needs to be successful, your gonna need a lot more fans than just the ones that graduated from the university.

aauummm

April is International Guitar Month
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2007
I get around
I also hate this. Am I a second class fan because I didnt go to the college? Four yr college was not for me, and its not for everyone. I have supported the college with my fanaticism, since I was 4 yrs old, and my money as I got older. I have lived in eastern Ia all my life and had to take crap all my life, am I not worthy? If you want ISU to get all the things it needs to be successful, your gonna need a lot more fans than just the ones that graduated from the university.
No problem, man. You are worthy. You are hereby granted First Class Iowa State Fan status. If you like we could have that conferred on you at the fifty yard line by Jamie during the half time of the first home football game. All seriousness aside, we welcome all people to be fans of ISU!

Last edited: