Cyclone Fanatic NIL Curse

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
I think this topic needs to be discussed. Everyone knows about the Madden curse, right? Basically where the cover athlete on the Madden video game has a bad year after being on the cover.

Well, it seems there maybe something similar with Cyclone Fanatic’s wrestling NIL deals.

Last year it was Paniro. He gets his shirts dropped just before the end of the season, then goes on and has a disastrous NCAA tournament and subsequent gambling issues. This year, same thing happened with Yonger.

• Haha
Reactions: stuclone

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
I think this topic needs to be discussed. Everyone knows about the Madden curse, right? Basically where the cover athlete on the Madden video game has a bad year after being on the cover.

Well, it seems there maybe something similar with Cyclone Fanatic’s wrestling NIL deals.

Last year it was Paniro. He gets his shirts dropped just before the end of the season, then goes on and has a disastrous NCAA tournament and subsequent gambling issues. This year, same thing happened with Yonger.
I think you need to more than two examples for it to be a curse. Hell, even chain letters give more than two examples.

• Agree
Reactions: Lineup and Lafester

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
They’re not 2 for 2 though.
44a486a0-966c-405e-a5b2-f43d131ee18b_text.gif

• Friendly
Reactions: CloneFanInKC

Yellow Snow

Full of nonsense....
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 19, 2006
Osage, IA

What?

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I've done 2 things where for gameday op ratings I give to we will. 2 games were Liberty bowl and game at Houston in mbb. :(

jcordova8

Social Media Director, Wrestling Beat Writer
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 1, 2016
FWIW @crablegs someone made this joke to me lmao so your humor has not been lost. hahaha I stopped wearing my red dunks because i wore them to the Iowa dual AND the Liberty Bowl this year. I have to break the curse on those dang shoes.