Cyclone Fanatics in Las Vegas?

EWISUCyFan

Jan 6, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Good afternoon everyone. My name is Erik and I just moved out to Las Vegas on Wednesday after graduating from Iowa State the previous weekend. On my second full night in town, I was invited to go to the Iowa Cubs vs. Las Vegas 51s game with a friend of my big sisters from Iowa. Not putting two and two together, I ended up sitting with a University of Iowa alumni club and spent the whole game being heckled by 20 (mostly friendly, some not so much) squawk fans.

Are there any Cyclone Fanatics out here in Las Vegas? Are there any Iowa State alumni clubs similar to this one? It would be great to make some friends to have a beer, watch the ballgame, talk Cyclones sports and play golf with. Please let me know.

Thanks Fanatics,
Erik

Ms3r4ISU

Me: Mea culpa. Also me: Sine cura sis.
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 7, 2008
Ames
Good afternoon everyone. My name is Erik and I just moved out to Las Vegas on Wednesday after graduating from Iowa State the previous weekend. On my second full night in town, I was invited to go to the Iowa Cubs vs. Las Vegas 51s game with a friend of my big sisters from Iowa. Not putting two and two together, I ended up sitting with a University of Iowa alumni club and spent the whole game being heckled by 20 (mostly friendly, some not so much) squawk fans.

Are there any Cyclone Fanatics out here in Las Vegas? Are there any Iowa State alumni clubs similar to this one? It would be great to make some friends to have a beer, watch the ballgame, talk Cyclones sports and play golf with. Please let me know.

Thanks Fanatics,
Erik

There is the ISU ALumni Association's local group:
Iowa State University Alumni Association - ISU Alumni Association National Clubs Program

This board (CF) isn't an alumni club, it's a no-dues required booster club. Kind of.

isuarch80

Sep 25, 2006
Dallas, TX
i know i met quite a few people at the UNLV game 18 months ago that lived in Vegas. So there's plenty of people there, just have to find them. Sorry I don't know more than that.

EWISUCyFan

Jan 6, 2009
Dallas, Texas
Thanks for the link to the Alumni Association ms3r. I went ahead and emailed Alison and Brooke (the Las Vegas contacts) and quickly got a response from Alison. There seems to be a decent amount of alumni in the area, it's just a matter of getting us all together. So if you're a Cyclone Fanatic in Las Vegas, please respond to this thread and let's have events that further put the Hawks to shame.

P.S. I like your name as well Erik4Cy. Correct spelling and everything!

Reactions: HighOnCy