Cyclone MBB Attendance

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Maybe tickets sold, but you can count for yourself. No where near 7500

holy ****. i knew they were struggling to get fans but that is incredibly pathetic. i love the responses to that tweet saying it was a Tuesday night game etc so of course it's empty and Mike shot back saying other schools had sellouts.

trevn

LIV Tour DJ
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Eastern Iowa
Maybe tickets sold, but you can count for yourself. No where near 7500

I still don't understand why Fran can't land recruits. Who wouldn't sign up to play in front of dozens of people while having your coach and his wife scream at the refs and the team the entire night?

RollClones14

Sep 6, 2018
Had a good chat with some friends who are Hawks about it last night and they agree it's a big issue. I mean they've had so many Player of the Year candidates over the past half a decade and still no one cares. Not even their students.

Reactions: cy4state

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
holy ****. i knew they were struggling to get fans but that is incredibly pathetic. i love the responses to that tweet saying it was a Tuesday night game etc so of course it's empty and Mike shot back saying other schools had sellouts.

He could have simply pointed out the Iowa WBB attendance on a Monday night versus a cupcake. Not like Iowa Hawkeye fans won't show up if you field a good team that is fun to watch.

The closest thing Fran has to star power is his son dating Caitlin Clark and I don't think that's a draw for MBB.

Reactions: dahliaclone

Cyhig

Nov 29, 2017
That ruins their declared narrative they're one of the best fanbases in the country.
They are obsessed with the public perception, and if the perception points the fans in a negative way, they will defend it to no end. Image is just as important as winning in their eyes

brokenloginagain

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 25, 2006
if only recruits cared about attendance as much as fans - we'd crush it every year.

Both TX and Baylor built new arenas to REDUCE capacity!

laminak

Jun 13, 2010
Marion
if only recruits cared about attendance as much as fans - we'd crush it every year.

Both TX and Baylor built new arenas to REDUCE capacity!

Both TX and Baylor should have high NIL deals which would overrule attendance. Baylor also has a coach who won a national title and very successful teams.

CyNews

Mar 19, 2021
Nice to see the Cyclones had attendance of over 13,000 for Green Bay. Heard on KXNO that attendance was around 7500 for last night's Iowa game.
Students not into Mad Fran.

qwerty

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 3, 2020
Muscatine, IA
Had a good chat with some friends who are Hawks about it last night and they agree it's a big issue. I mean they've had so many Player of the Year candidates over the past half a decade and still no one cares. Not even their students.
The new 5,000 seat arena will solve all issues, making a ticket a tough(er) get (if the pizza is still included).

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
That's exactly what a total lack of postseason success will get you. Thanks Fran!

• Haha
Reactions: RagingCloner