"Cyclone Special" hotel rooms in Kansas City..

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
"Cyclone Special" is SOLD OUT...

THE SPECIAL RATE BLOCK OF ROOMS IS SOLD OUT...OVER 120 ROOMS. IF YOU WANT TO STAY HERE, CHECK FOR ON LINE RATES FOR EXTRA ROOMS AT THE HOTEL. THEY SAY THANKS TO ALL CYCLONES WHO MADE RESERVATIONS!!

The Courtyard by Marriott at the Country Club Plaza in Kansas City is offering a "Cyclone Special" on hotel rooms for this falls ISU-KSU game weekend. The game is on September 18, you can get the rate for two nights if you want. The Plaza is a super area for bars, restaurants and shopping, and this is a really nice hotel. Here is a link

Courtyard by Marriott Country Club Plaza-Kansas City Hotels-

Rooms are typically $150+ per night. The Cyclone Special is $99. per night while rooms last. This is a cancelable rate, not prepaid. ROOMS SOLD OUT.

I expect these to book fast, here is the contact:
Regan ORourke 816-285-9764
[email protected]

(I am not getting paid or anything for this, just passing along a good deal to those interested)

The hotel gets five star reviews on tripadvisor, and the Plaza is close to both downtown and the stadium. We really enjoyed the nightlife last year. It's fun to have other Cyclone fans around.

Last edited:

1100011CS

Oct 5, 2007
Marshalltown
:notworthy::notworthy:

Where is this place in relation to P&L district and the stadium?

Last edited:

jjisu

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Its about 5miles or 15minutes south of P&L Dist.
and probably about 20 minutes west of Arrowhead.

Its a good location for nightlife and entertainment. $99 is a great deal

thisISnextyear

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 29, 2007
Ames
Looks like Hotwire is still showing Hotel Phillips at $64/night last I checked... 4 Star right at P&LD.

Not trying to take biz away from anyone, just wanting to make sure there are plenty of Cyclones down in KC!

jjisu

Apr 11, 2006
Des Moines
Thats a great deal too...you would be right in the thick of things downtown.

Both locations are great as far as entertainment goes....Plaza is probably "safer" then downtown but nothing to worry about in my opinion.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
It was actually a cheap cab ride from the Plaza downtown, and 15 min. to stadium. We liked the plaza for the nightlife and restaurants. Lots of neat shops there, and with this one you can cancel if you want,it's not a prepaid. But lots of hotels in KC, just one option.

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Courtyard called, lots of Iowa Staters have been calling. Good to hear we'll have a strong contingent in KC!!

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
The Plaza is by far the best area in KC for entertainment imo. This is a great deal. I've stayed at the Westin before, the booze is sky high, and downtown is OK, but this area has it all. Sports bars, restaurants and fun shops. I'm in for the Courtyard!! Go Cyclones!

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Last time I visited the Plaza, about 3 years ago, parking everywhere was free which was a pleasant surprise. All of the garages and street parking were free to get people down there.

83Clone

Apr 27, 2006
Ankeny, IA
The Plaza is by far the best area in KC for entertainment imo. This is a great deal. I've stayed at the Westin before, the booze is sky high, and downtown is OK, but this area has it all. Sports bars, restaurants and fun shops. I'm in for the Courtyard!! Go Cyclones!

I respectfully disagree. The Power and Light District is where it's at. And it's all under one roof. I wish DM could build something similar on a smaller scale

ketelmeister

Oct 24, 2006
Depends what you are looking for. Downtown doesn't have the shops and restaurants the Plaza has, but the Power and Light is fun, no doubt. I prefer to cab or drive there, and then leave.
both are fun.

Last edited:

letsgostate

Nov 4, 2006
I made a reservation for the hotel, sounds like the hotel is almost sold out with Cyclones. If you want in, might want to call this week. Just sayin.