CycloneFanatic.com and the dog-days of summer

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
CycloneFanatic.com and the dog-days of summer
Jeremy
CycloneFanatic.com

With the annual Spring Game behind us, it's now time to examine what lies ahead for CycloneFanatic.com over the dog-days of summer.

I first want to thank everybody that has taken time to post in the forums, and especially, those that have provided material for the front-page.  I appreciate every single action that people take in order to further guarantee the success of this site.  I feel bad that I have nothing to offer those that are active participants.  I guess that goes along with the free-nature of the site, and that will never change, I'll learn to deal with it:)

I appreciate all of the compliments regarding the site but I want to make sure that everybody understands that CycloneFanatic will only ever be as successful as it's members want it to be.  I have limited journalistic and reporting skills and appreciate those that have stepped in to provide the meat and potatoes, so to speak.  Without you, this site wouldn't have lasted a week, let alone six.

There has been a lot of developing stories regarding Iowa State Athletics over the past few weeks and that has provided a rare and welcome boost to our new web community.  Not many web sites are as luckily as we have been to start at just the right time, with the right circumstances.  With that being said, it's also important to remember that as the news slows down for the summer, we will have to shift gears a bit to keep active.

I will not have enough new information to post daily roundups and look forward to some of the stories and articles that will hopefully take their place on the site.  I'm excited to see what our contributors have in mind for content, and am open to all suggestions and ideas.  I will be reaching out to those that have participated in the past to see what they feel would best suit the site.  Look for more articles regarding the upcoming football season.  I know I have neglected football on the site due to the interesting and developing stories surrounding the basketball program.  That will now change and we can start to focus more on all of the athletic programs.

If any of you have any ideas, please let me know and we'll get right on it.  I have gained some very informative, highly-placed, and trustworthy sources over the past six weeks and look forward to being able to provide the most accurate and timely information regarding all aspects of ISU Athletics.  If you have any specific areas you feel need to be covered in more depth as we go forward, please let us know.

This is the part of the message that I start to sound a little corny, feel free to stop reading if you want.

I want to again express my sincere gratitude for every single member on this site, even those that have not been active participants.  I never could have imagined the size and scope that this site would grow to, especially so quickly.  My goal from the beginning has always been to provide a site that informs, relates to, and provides a place for, all Cyclone fans, regardless of their monetary standing.  Since the site will always remain membership-free, the only thing that I gain from maintaining this site is the joy of knowing that people appreciate it.

I said in the very beginning that I would never charge for this site, and I maintain that promise.  The only thing that I will ever ask of each of you is to simply enjoy yourself and the company of the other fans that hang-out here.  Without that, this site is just a place where people get their news.  I want CycloneFanatic to be much more than that, I want it to be a place that people turn to for all their Cyclone information and discussion.  With your help, that is what CycloneFanatic will always be.  Thank you for your trust and please make sure to keep active over the slower summer months that lie ahead.  Without support over the summer, we wouldn't be able to stay active enough to be around come the fall & winter sports seasons that we all live for.

jgooder

Apr 13, 2006
Michigan
Jeremy, updates on ISU Alumni would be a nice read during the slow summer months. For instance, what is Jared Homan up to these days? Also, Tinsley's Pacers will be in the playoffs. It would be interesting if someone was able to research some famous or maybe infamous ISU athletes of the past. Kenny Pratt comes to mind there.

Then there's the NFL Camps and tryouts. I know ISU fans would love to get updates on Ellis Hobbs at NE.

There's also the NFL Draft coming up and any opinions on where athletes of ISU interest will be drafted, if at all, etc.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
That is an excellent point redoog. We have not focused much (really at all) on former clones or what they're doing. I would love if somebody has the time and would like to write a few articles. Maybe a weekly feature on a past player or something.

Any offers????

ARSON

Apr 9, 2006
Jeremy,
I do not know if you get my private email to you last week, might not know how to do it for I saw no send button, but how about filling your calender with the other sports and maybe touching the "other" sports as those athletes also are competing for ISU?