Cyclones add post transfer Isnelle Natabou

Connor_Ferguson

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 9, 2019
Big get for this team. No. 4 in the NCAA in field goal percentage last year. Two years left.

acoustimac

Jan 8, 2009
Lamoni, IA
Her bio from Sacramento State. She played initially at Iowa Western.

FRESHMAN (2021-22): Big Sky Conference Newcomer of the Year… All-Big Sky Conference Second Team… Big Sky Player of the Week (2x)... Second player in school history (Kim Sheehy in 2004-05) to win top newcomer honors from the Big Sky… Twice named the Big Sky Player of the Week (Jan. 18 and Jan. 25)… Stood No. 4 in the NCAA in field goal percentage (.643), No. 10 in offensive rebounds (4.2 rpg), No. 18 in rebounds per game (10.9), and No. 22 in total rebounds (328)… Also ranked No. 23 in the NCAA with 15 double-doubles — a total that included a run of 10 straight from Jan. 15 to Feb. 12… Started all 30 games as a true freshman, ranking tied for eighth in the league at 32.4 minutes per game… Ranked seventh in the league in scoring (14.7 ppg) and led the league in rebounding, while also pacing the Big Sky in field goal percentage, offensive rebounds, and defensive rebounds (6.7 rpg), and standing fifth in blocked shots (1.2 bpg)… Her 182 field goals made rank 10th on the school’s single-season list, while her .643 field goal percentage is second all-time behind only Sue Digitale’s .645 in 1976-77… Her 328 rebounds rank fourth on the school’s single-season chart, while her 10.9 rebounds per game are tied for seventh… Finished in double figures in all but four games, which included seven 20-plus point performances and a season-high 31 points on 11-of-15 from the field (to go with nine rebounds) against Southern Utah on Dec. 30… Also blocked a season-high five shots in that game against the Thunderbirds… Grabbed double-digit rebounds 15 times, including a season-high 22 boards twice against Portland State (Jan. 15) and Idaho (Jan. 22) as part of her 10 consecutive double-doubles… As part of her 22 rebounds against the Vikings, 10 of those were on the offensive glass… Both 22-rebound performances were tied for second in a single game in the Big Sky, behind only 23 from Southern Utah’s Lizzy Williamson... Played 40-or-more minutes three times, including a season-high 43 minutes against Idaho (Jan. 22) in a three-point overtime victory.

IOWA WESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Played one year for the Reivers at Iowa Western in 2020-21… Helped lead her team to a 23-9 overall record and Region XI and North Central District championships… Reivers finished undefeated in conference play and advanced to the NJCAA Division I National Championship tournament, falling in the first round… Named Iowa Community College Athletic Conference First Team All-Region… Averaged 9.0 points and 4.8 rebounds per game in 24 appearances (23 starts… Shot just over 60 percent from the field overall for the season, hitting 94-of-156 from the floor… Scored in double figures 14 times, including a season-high 19 points in a win at Southeastern Community College on 9-of-11 from the field in 25 minutes… Grabbed a season-high nine rebounds twice against North Iowa Area Community College and Triton College… Blocked a season-high four shots against Iowa Lakes Community College.

PERSONAL
Parents are Florent Natabou and Chantal Agbocou… Attended Stredni Skola Sion High School in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic.

ChiClone22

Mar 19, 2022
Very impressive post player added.

In the NCAA tournament game against UCLA, she had 16 points and 10 rebounds (3 offensive rebounds).

Great addition. Hopefully she plans to play 2 years. (Note: I do see in an article from last year that she said she intended to play two more years after this past year.).

Is she immediately eligible as this appears to be her third school? Or does she get the ability to transfer and play immediately because her head coach left and went to TCU?

Also is great to see she played in Iowa before so the weather won’t be a new thing for her.

Last edited:

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Very impressive post player added.

In the NCAA tournament game against UCLA, she had 16 points and 10 rebounds (3 offensive rebounds).

Great addition. Hopefully she plans to play 2 years. (Note: I do see in an article from last year that she said she intended to play two more years after this past year.).

Is she immediately eligible as this appears to be her third school? Or does she get the ability to transfer and play immediately because her head coach left and went to TCU?

Also is great to see she played in Iowa before so the weather won’t be a new thing for her.
I don’t think a JC transfer counts against your transfer total.

• Agree
Reactions: cyclonehomer

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
The demise of ISU women's basketball was greatly exaggerated
Partially true. Still a lot of work to do to be a tournament team and losing 2 of your best players will always be alarming, but the comments about Bill being done and ISU needing to make a change we’re probably a little premature. BF has my support 100% and I’m hoping there’s no major drop off after losing Joens/Soares/Lexi/Fritz.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club
As this recruiting class continues to improve, I keep checking in for the Bill Bashers warning us about the program decline. Must still be circling the wagons.
ISU women's basketball looks far too similar to Iowa Football at times... But credit to Bill and the staff for landing back to back SOLID centers in the portal

isucy86

Apr 13, 2006
Dubuque
ISU women's basketball looks far too similar to Iowa Football at times... But credit to Bill and the staff for landing back to back SOLID centers in the portal
And the fact that she has 2 years makes the get even better. Soares is an elite talent, but Natabou seems like a post who is going to live around the basket and force double teams in the paint. Hopefully that creates good shots for the perimeter players.

Reactions: BenEClone

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Her bio from Sacramento State. She played initially at Iowa Western.

FRESHMAN (2021-22): Big Sky Conference Newcomer of the Year… All-Big Sky Conference Second Team… Big Sky Player of the Week (2x)... Second player in school history (Kim Sheehy in 2004-05) to win top newcomer honors from the Big Sky… Twice named the Big Sky Player of the Week (Jan. 18 and Jan. 25)… Stood No. 4 in the NCAA in field goal percentage (.643), No. 10 in offensive rebounds (4.2 rpg), No. 18 in rebounds per game (10.9), and No. 22 in total rebounds (328)… Also ranked No. 23 in the NCAA with 15 double-doubles — a total that included a run of 10 straight from Jan. 15 to Feb. 12… Started all 30 games as a true freshman, ranking tied for eighth in the league at 32.4 minutes per game… Ranked seventh in the league in scoring (14.7 ppg) and led the league in rebounding, while also pacing the Big Sky in field goal percentage, offensive rebounds, and defensive rebounds (6.7 rpg), and standing fifth in blocked shots (1.2 bpg)… Her 182 field goals made rank 10th on the school’s single-season list, while her .643 field goal percentage is second all-time behind only Sue Digitale’s .645 in 1976-77… Her 328 rebounds rank fourth on the school’s single-season chart, while her 10.9 rebounds per game are tied for seventh… Finished in double figures in all but four games, which included seven 20-plus point performances and a season-high 31 points on 11-of-15 from the field (to go with nine rebounds) against Southern Utah on Dec. 30… Also blocked a season-high five shots in that game against the Thunderbirds… Grabbed double-digit rebounds 15 times, including a season-high 22 boards twice against Portland State (Jan. 15) and Idaho (Jan. 22) as part of her 10 consecutive double-doubles… As part of her 22 rebounds against the Vikings, 10 of those were on the offensive glass… Both 22-rebound performances were tied for second in a single game in the Big Sky, behind only 23 from Southern Utah’s Lizzy Williamson... Played 40-or-more minutes three times, including a season-high 43 minutes against Idaho (Jan. 22) in a three-point overtime victory.

IOWA WESTERN COMMUNITY COLLEGE
Played one year for the Reivers at Iowa Western in 2020-21… Helped lead her team to a 23-9 overall record and Region XI and North Central District championships… Reivers finished undefeated in conference play and advanced to the NJCAA Division I National Championship tournament, falling in the first round… Named Iowa Community College Athletic Conference First Team All-Region… Averaged 9.0 points and 4.8 rebounds per game in 24 appearances (23 starts… Shot just over 60 percent from the field overall for the season, hitting 94-of-156 from the floor… Scored in double figures 14 times, including a season-high 19 points in a win at Southeastern Community College on 9-of-11 from the field in 25 minutes… Grabbed a season-high nine rebounds twice against North Iowa Area Community College and Triton College… Blocked a season-high four shots against Iowa Lakes Community College.

PERSONAL
Parents are Florent Natabou and Chantal Agbocou… Attended Stredni Skola Sion High School in Hradec Kralove, Czech Republic.
So will be the starter?

Royalclone

Jun 22, 2008
Lee's Summit, MO
Nice that she just didn’t follow her coach to TCU. I have a lot of faith in the incoming frosh, but Isnelle does add a level of comfort to the post. Audie will be able to ease into the post sharing minutes with Isnelle. While Izzy has shown some improvement, I worry whether she could be relied on for regular double-digit minutes. Biggest worry inside now: whether Isnelle goes by Izzy too.

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
Wow. 2 hours from the time the transfer was announced--midday, weekday--and we're gonna go here?

If you weren't pissed and confused by this past season and felt no license to question the direction of the program, I guess you were more hardened than me.

We are healing and in some time I might forget (I am sort of forgiving those "portalling out"). Things look better now, feel better.