Cyclones attending University of Central Florida game?

• We Will Collective May Donor Drive - Last Day, Help Needed!

We're in the final hours of a critical push to signup donors for the May Donor Drive. Let your Cyclone friends know!

Please consider giving at We Will Collective.

Mel4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 3, 2016
West Palm, Florida
Hi. Any Cyclones making a trip to the ISU vs UCF men's basketball game March 2nd? I live in Florida & would love to meet some fellow fans at the game. Or any Florida Cyclones out there?

Last edited:

Mel4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 3, 2016
West Palm, Florida
Oops, I obviously didn't mean UFC in the title. I can't change it. But I would still like to know if there are any Cyclones heading to the game in Florida.

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
Hi. Any Cyclones making a trip to the ISU vs UCF men's basketball game March 2nd? I live in Florida & would love to meet some fellow fans at the game. Or any Florida Cyclones out there?
The wife and I are coming down for it. Good tickets are dirt cheap in that arena.

Looking to stay near downtown Orlando since it doesn't look like there's much of anything worth doing near UCF's campus.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
I'm pretty sure they hate being called "Central Florida" but idk why

UCF is preferred from what I've seen elsewhere

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I'm pretty sure they hate being called "Central Florida" but idk why

UCF is preferred from what I've seen elsewhere
I assume they don't want people to think of them as a directional school. They should have reverted to their original name of Florida Tech.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
The wife and I are coming down for it. Good tickets are dirt cheap in that arena.

Looking to stay near downtown Orlando since it doesn't look like there's much of anything worth doing near UCF's campus.
I prefer the UCF area. It’s a super easy drive from there to the Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach. Really short drive to Blue Springs State Park and the manatees. There’s a cool free Vietnam War Museum nearby. But I prefer outdoor stuff to downtowns.

Reactions: Mel4ISU

Cyclonsin

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2020
Savannah, GA
I prefer the UCF area. It’s a super easy drive from there to the Kennedy Space Center and Cocoa Beach. Really short drive to Blue Springs State Park and the manatees. There’s a cool free Vietnam War Museum nearby. But I prefer outdoor stuff to downtowns.
Full disclosure, I was referring to watering holes. We're coming down from Savannah the morning of the game and just planning to spend the night after we win enjoying the local scene.

That said, we went to KSC while down for the Feast Week tournament and that's a must-see spot.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Full disclosure, I was referring to watering holes. We're coming down from Savannah the morning of the game and just planning to spend the night after we win enjoying the local scene.

That said, we went to KSC while down for the Feast Week tournament and that's a must-see spot.
Yeah I have only been to the UCF bars because I have a son with a grad degree from there. College bars are always fun and a lot of them have trivia nights.