Cyclones in NFL

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
Just a quick shout out to some former Cyclones tearing it up in the league right now

Purdy
• 1st in QBR with 83.7 nearest player Josh Allen at 77.7.
• 1st in passer rating with 123.1 nearest player is Tua Tagovailoa at 111.9.
• 2nd in completion % with 72.1%. Josh Allen is 1st with 73.1%.
• 8th in passing yards with 1,271.
• 2nd in average yards per attempt with 9.3. Allen is 1st with 9.7.
• 8th in yards per game with 254.2
• Tied for 7th with 9 touchdown passes.
• Has the 49ers @ 5-0, only S.F. & Philly are still unbeaten.
• Perfect 10-0 in the regular season as a starting quarterback.

Breece Hall
• 6th in rushing yards with 387.
• Longest rushing touchdown of the season at 83 yards.
• Tied for 3rd with 4 rushes of 20+ yards.
• 9th in yards per game with 77.4.

David Montgomery
• 7th in rushing yards with 371.
• 3rd in rushing touchdowns with 6.
• 5th in yards per game with 92.8.
• 4th in rushes for a first down with 23.
• Has the Lions at 4-1.

Will McDonald IV
• Fumble recovery in win over Denver.

Allen Lazard
• Has 13 receptions for 202 yards and a touchdown. 11 of those receptions resulted in a 1st down.

cedarstrip

Aug 26, 2013
Purdy/Lazard/Hall/Montgomery all getting to the endzone in the same week would be amazing. Throw in Kolar or Newangwu for a sweet bonus.

Reactions: khardbored

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
not real clear what is going on with Will MacDonald IV.

He had a really good preseason, was unblockable at times. I understand the Jets are talented on that side of the ball, but I feel he should have more defensive plays.

He hasn’t played but a few defensive snaps and is on special teams.

Postel16

Oct 15, 2020
Well both Hall had a 72 yard td and Montgomery had I believe a 42 yard td on Sunday plus Purdy throwing 4 tds

Aduhbolu15

Feb 28, 2021
Just a quick shout out to some former Cyclones tearing it up in the league right now

Purdy

Breece Hall

David Montgomery
• Has the Lions at 4-1.

Will McDonald IV

Allen Lazard
• Has 13 receptions for 202 yards and a touchdown. 11 of those receptions resulted in a 1st down.
83 yard run wasn’t a touchdown. But did have a 72 yard touchdown run.

• Winner
Reactions: LindenCy

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
not real clear what is going on with Will MacDonald IV.

He had a really good preseason, was unblockable at times. I understand the Jets are talented on that side of the ball, but I feel he should have more defensive plays.

He hasn’t played but a few defensive snaps and is on special teams.

I think the guys in front of him are very good and there's a big difference between preseason and regular season.

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011
I think the guys in front of him are very good and there's a big difference between preseason and regular season.
obviously preseason is different.

He was also unblockable in the Senior bowl.

He is a First Round pick and was getting much love from the staff.

Seems he should be getting some looks on passing downs.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Based on what? The coaches are going to know more than anyone.

The senior bowl and preseason games aren't going to be the same types of fronts/experience/talent that a regular season NFL game brings.

I only saw him enter in their first game or so and he got buried or was behind the play. It's probably just taking some time to adjust and the guys in front don't need that time.

CycloneVet

Jul 17, 2011
Cedar Falls

The senior bowl and preseason games aren't going to be the same types of fronts/experience/talent that a regular season NFL game brings.

I only saw him enter in their first game or so and he got buried or was behind the play. It's probably just taking some time to adjust and the guys in front don't need that time.

Will is in a perfect situation. With their talent he is able to work and get better without an extraordinary amount of pressure.

Clone95

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 13, 2019

Jets haven’t really held a lead in any game. Both their wins were come from behind so there were less obvious passing downs for the other team. Maybe if they ever build a good lead and know the other team has to throw, he’ll get more run.

• Useful
  • Winner
Reactions: mkadl and Aclone

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011

Based on:

Since he has been in the Jets building. And his DC commenting since Day 1 about his performances in all mediums.

“All his freakiness and speed and bend and intangibles, it is starting to come to life.”

-Jeff Ulbrich, NY Jets Defensive Coordinator
September 21, 2023

But let me clarify my main point.

McDonald is the first Top 15 pick to be a healthy scratch (week 2) since at least 2017.

So obviously there is a reason, but I don’t know, maybe as a 2-3 team have a guy with Freakiness and Speed and Bend and Intangibles , that you spent a #15 pick, get out there and try to make a game changing play once or twice or thrice?

Or keep the status quo.

J E T S
Jets
Jets
Jets

• Dumb
Reactions: isufbcurt

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Based on:

Since he has been in the Jets building. And his DC commenting since Day 1 about his performances in all mediums.

“All his freakiness and speed and bend and intangibles, it is starting to come to life.”

September 21, 2023

McDonald is the first Top 15 pick to be a healthy scratch (week 2) since at least 2017.

So obviously there is a reason, but I don’t know, maybe as a 2-3 team have a guy with Freakiness and Speed and Bend and Intangibles , that you spent a #15 pick, get out there and try to make a game changing play once or twice or thrice?

Or keep the status quo.

J E T S
Jets
Jets
Jets

Cool but how has he performed when he's been in there? How does he compare to the players ahead of him in regular season games? Practice? What are the coaches seeing? Ya know the ones that see every practice and break down hours of film to make their decisions.

Does being a first rounder guarantee regular playing time?

• Winner

danvillecyclone

Dec 8, 2011

Based on:

September 21, 2023

So obviously there is a reason, but I don’t know, maybe
Cool but how has he performed when he's been in there? How does he compare to the players ahead of him in regular season games? Practice? What are the coaches seeing? Ya know the ones that see every practice and break down hours of film to make their decisions.

Does being a first rounder guarantee regular playing time?
I quoted his DC

Ya know, the guy in charge.

• Dumb

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Based on:

September 21, 2023

So obviously there is a reason, but I don’t know, maybe

I quoted his DC

Ya know, the guy in charge.

Which means what pertaining to playing time? Did he say McD is going to play more?

Players can improve and show signs of things to come but not play because the person in front of them is still better at the moment.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia

Purdy

Breece Hall

David Montgomery
• Has the Lions at 4-1.

Will McDonald IV

Allen Lazard
Fun time to be a cyclone fan. Montgomery missed a game I believe too so some of those stats could be higher ranked. Breece hall is just warming up since coming back. Lazard is what he is, maybe the best team player receiver and rush blocker at wr and will put up average receiving numbers but stats don’t show his impact he actually makes. Will McDonald is who I’m hoping gets more opportunity but I understand since he’s a rookie but has very good players in front of him. Maybe one injury from his time to shine. Purdy is literally up for offensive player of the year. The guy has became one of the top names in the NFL. A lot of the isu brand being said and advertised every week right now

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Fun time to be a cyclone fan. Montgomery missed a game I believe too so some of those stats could be higher ranked. Breece hall is just warming up since coming back. Lazard is what he is, maybe the best team player receiver and rush blocker at wr and will put up average receiving numbers but stats don’t show his impact he actually makes. Will McDonald is who I’m hoping gets more opportunity but I understand since he’s a rookie but has very good players in front of him. Maybe one injury from his time to shine. Purdy is literally up for offensive player of the year. The guy has became one of the top names in the NFL. A lot of the isu brand being said and advertised every week right now
And all of that is only going to help recruiting more and more, going forward.

Help Support Us

Become a patron