Cyclones.tv MBB Game Question?

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Does anyone know what happens if I start watch the streaming live feed and then pause for a length of time, let's say 20 minutes? Can I resume where I left off and catch up through half times and timeouts to get back to live? Or will I lose the feed and then be forced back to live, thereby missing a big chunk of game??

My point here is that I will really miss having DVR for these games. For those of us with kids and games from 7-9, it was nice to pause, get kids to bed and catch back up to live knowing I wasn't missing anything.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Does anyone know what happens if I start watch the streaming live feed and then pause for a length of time, let's say 20 minutes? Can I resume where I left off and catch up through half times and timeouts to get back to live? Or will I lose the feed and then be forced back to live, thereby missing a big chunk of game??

My point here is that I will really miss having DVR for these games. For those of us with kids and games from 7-9, it was nice to pause, get kids to bed and catch back up to live knowing I wasn't missing anything.

Not sure to be honest with you. However, I do know that the replay of the games will be posted online after the game, but it usually takes them about 12 hours to post it at least. If you are like me, I'm guessing you have a hard time waiting that long.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Not sure to be honest with you. However, I do know that the replay of the games will be posted online after the game, but it usually takes them about 12 hours to post it at least. If you are like me, I'm guessing you have a hard time waiting that long.

Right. I do have a problem with that. Once I know final score, I have a hard time watching. I really just want pause for a bit and resume and know I won't miss game and, hopefully, be back to live feed before the game ends.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN

Try this: "Sorry kids, I know it isn't your bedtime yet, but it is halftime and Daddy is going to watch the game now get to bed."

I will probably be using a variation of this tonight.

:jimlad:...sort of.

mj4cy

Asst. Regional Manager
Staff member
Mar 28, 2006
Iowa
This is exactly why I will not purchase Cyclones.TV if they do have a DVR type function, I'll reconsider, but for now there is no point in me spending money to watch games in which I know the outcome.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Try this: "Sorry kids, I know it isn't your bedtime yet, but it is halftime and Daddy is going to watch the game now get to bed."

I will probably be using a variation of this tonight.

:jimlad:...sort of.

No joking. The kids will just get to stay up until the end of the game. That is the next best option. Missing the game is NOT an option.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
This is exactly why I will not purchase Cyclones.TV if they do have a DVR type function, I'll reconsider, but for now there is no point in me spending money to watch games in which I know the outcome.

stay away from social media and espn... I hafta DVR NFL games and watch them with minimal contact to the outside world

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
I emailed Neulion about this. Their answer was "no", you can't pause and catch back up. If you pause, pressing play will simply restart the livefeed at live.

I'm not sure what is worse: MC22 on DVR or Cyclones.tv with no DVR.

Boxerdaddy

Oct 19, 2009
Beaverdale, IA
I emailed Neulion about this. Their answer was "no", you can't pause and catch back up. If you pause, pressing play will simply restart the livefeed at live.

I'm not sure what is worse: MC22 on DVR or Cyclones.tv with no DVR.

"I do not think that word means what you think it means"

[video=youtube;G2y8Sx4B2Sk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=G2y8Sx4B2Sk[/video]

Shouldn't there just be a "stop" button then lol.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
"I do not think that word means what you think it means"

Shouldn't there just be a "stop" button then lol.

I agree. Strange. Makes no sense. Here is their word for word response:

Greetings,

For Cyclones.TV you will not have the ability to pause the video and start from the same spot. If you do pause and press play again you will just pick up with the current point in the live stream. If you have any additional questions please let us know.

Thank you,

NeuLion Fan Support

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
My audio is all jambled up. Anybody else having that problem??? Audio sounds great on everything but the game!

TwisterHead

Aug 13, 2012
So does this mean that all the pre season games listed as cyclone.tv games won't be on tv? Because that's pretty much all of them and that's horse trash.

Benny34

Nov 29, 2007
Don't think it matters. I've used both Chrome and IE. Currently use IE only for Cyclones.tv since I have scri-pt blocking on Chrome and don't want to adjust the settings related to Cyclones.com

Thanks! I am on my phone or i would rep