cyclones.tv question

Antihawk240

May 17, 2012
Can it be streamed to your TV (Chromecast) using the Iowa State iPad app, or can I only stream via my laptop?

Not sure how that works. I always use the Apple AV Lightning Adapter from my iphone 5 to an HDMI cable to the TV and watch it that way.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Question for those that have Mediacom.

Are you finding when you access the onscreen channel guide that Cyclone.TV (22 or 822HD) no longer updates to tell you what programming is on the air now or future? I find this really frustrating and obviously impossible to set the DVR to record anything.

This didn't used to be the case. The programming was listing just like any other channel. Now it always just says, "Cyclone programming". Not helpful.

We did recently upgrade our DVRs to their Tivo's, but I don't know why that would make a difference.

Anyone?

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
has anyone been able to get Cyclone TV on a Samsung Tablet?

twojman

Jun 1, 2006
Clive
I live in Central Iowa and do not have Mediacom, I will be able to subscribe to cyclones.tv and get the game correct? I thought I remember people saying there were issues with not being able to get the game because of where you live.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover

Are you finding when you access the onscreen channel guide that Cyclone.TV (22 or 822HD) no longer updates to tell you what programming is on the air now or future? I find this really frustrating and obviously impossible to set the DVR to record anything.

This didn't used to be the case. The programming was listing just like any other channel. Now it always just says, "Cyclone programming". Not helpful.

We did recently upgrade our DVRs to their Tivo's, but I don't know why that would make a difference.

Anyone?

I don't recall them ever having info as to what was on. That's why I don't watch it.

thrillcat

Nov 27, 2006
Ames

Anyone?

Don't have Mediacom, but I can say that programming information is inserted at the source, so probably here (though this is an interesting case, since it's a glorified MC22-type channel, but I still think the info should be entered by ISU Athletics).

Different DVRs/TVs use different platforms for their guide systems. There's a possibility that TiVo is looking in a different location of the data stream to pull that information and is only finding a generic description. Or there's also the chance that it's not being entered, or it's not being entered correctly.

I know that when I worked for a local affiliate I had a DirecTV DVR that pulled our info fine, but I bought a new TV and it wasn't seeing it via over the air. I talked to our engineers and they found another location in the hardware that they needed to be copying and pasting the info to.

Long answer to say I don't really know, but it is possible that it's the different device.

CYvilEng

Aug 20, 2012
Des Moines

Anyone?

Maybe I'm confused but my cyclones.tv is on channel 798. The guide for that channel definitely says what is playing.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006

The "old" Mediacom DVRs (pre-TiVo) list all programming information for 798 and 165. Sounds like it's a TiVo thing.

cydline2cydline

Sep 17, 2011
Altoonaville
A different question, but still regarding cyclones.tv.

Anybody that is a mediacom customer know if you have to pay the cyclones.tv subscription again to watch it on the web?

I can't find anywhere that will let me watch cyclones.tv for free since I am a mediacom subscriber (like espn, showtime, etc. will).

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
A different question, but still regarding cyclones.tv.

Anybody that is a mediacom customer know if you have to pay the cyclones.tv subscription again to watch it on the web?

I can't find anywhere that will let me watch cyclones.tv for free since I am a mediacom subscriber (like espn, showtime, etc. will).

The web portion is separate from cable. So you can either pay for the online subscription or watch it on the TV via mediacom.

theshadow

Apr 19, 2006
The web portion is separate from cable. So you can either pay for the online subscription or watch it on the TV via mediacom.

And on the flip side, if you aren't a Mediacom customer, you can still watch the "live" Mediacom channel (not just the clips/features/etc.) online by subscribing to CyTV.

GrindingAway

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 27, 2006

I'm a new mediacom customer (moved and wasn't an option before). Other than the fact that I can watch the web content whenever I want is there a difference between having one vs the other. I'll likely keep the web subscription since it's really a bargain, but wanted to make sure make sure there wasn't any content that was "web only".

brentblum

Administrator
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 26, 2007
I'm a new mediacom customer (moved and wasn't an option before). Other than the fact that I can watch the web content whenever I want is there a difference between having one vs the other. I'll likely keep the web subscription since it's really a bargain, but wanted to make sure make sure there wasn't any content that was "web only".

No other difference, other than the live content would be free on Mediacom. But as you said, you can't control the on-demand web content.

cyzdaman

Oct 20, 2014
DSM
I downloaded the cyclones app, upgraded to the premium version, and re-up'd my cyclones.tv membership.

I got the on demand videos to play on my Iphone 6, but I have no sound. Any ideas? My volume is turned up, audio is selected, and I went into settings on my phone, and checked that too.

EDIT.......Nevermind....I had my ringer turned off. :embarrassed:

Last edited:

Help Support Us

Become a patron