CyCredit Feedback Needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Now that we've had the credit feature going for about a month I wanted to get some feedback on what everybody likes and dislikes about it. Obviously the betting board has been getting a work-out and I know a lot of people are running on very few credits right now, myself included, so I wanted to see what we could do to keep people involved.

Here are a couple quick ideas I have...

- Change weekly credit paycheck to a daily paycheck. If you were active in the past 24 hours, you get a paycheck - currently setup at every 7 days.
- Make it so members can donate credits and/or take out loans on credits with interest.
- Members get credits for donating.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Loans on credits? Wow, you are teaching us dirty tricks. =)

ajk4st8

Mar 27, 2006
Ankeny
I think the ticket give away was a good idea, but giving the credits with them was bad.

C.John

Pondering Phobophobia
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Credits as an award for a site donation sounds like a good one. 1000to1 ratio? Donate $50 get 50K?

wheels686

Oct 25, 2006
Grinnell, IA
i could definetely use a loan, every time i get at 50000 i loose the next bet. You can count me for taking out the biggest loan possible

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
Have interest earned on banked credits. Right now, correct me if I'm wrong, but there's no reason for banking credits is there?
Wow, this is getting way too real.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
I think the daily credit idea is a good one, and I think you should definitely get credits for donating.

Not so sure about the loan process. Lots of people will have to declare bankruptcy. Can the banking application be applied? Where you can put X credits into the bank at a certain interest rate.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
- Change weekly credit paycheck to a daily paycheck. If you were active in the past 24 hours, you get a paycheck...currently setup at every 7 days.
I think the current format is good. If you want, maybe give a bigger weekly paycheck to those with more activity.

- Make it so members can donate credits and/or take out loans on credits with interest.
I would not be in favor of this...could be somewhat ugly. I also think you could just get rid of the credit banking/interest thing. Keep it simple, makes it easier to use and more fun for all.

- Members get credits for donating.
Definitely. I thought this already existed.

SuperCy

Nov 30, 2006
Smallville/Metropolis
How do you collect on loans?

I know people who know people. I'm just saying. My mom has some cousins in California that live pretty well for owning a stereo store.

CyinCo

Mar 24, 2006
Clive, IA
Loans on credits? Wow, you are teaching us dirty tricks. =)

Yes, lure them in with a low introductory rate that is fixed for 6 days and then goes Variable based on prime. Soon, the "bank" will have PCs in foreclosure and honest people trying to sell a perfectly good PC will be getting screwed because the bottom fell out of the PC market because of bad credit decisions made by poorly informed individuals and crooked loan outlets. Then Jeremy will have to dump a whole bunch of credits into the system to bail out all the people who screwed up and lost their PCs to try to salvage the system before it gets worse and worse.

I'm sure nothing like this could ever happen for real though.

brianhos

Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 1, 2006
Trenchtown
I like the daily credit bump, tie it to daly posting. It is silly to see these guys that never post with 75,000 because they joined a long time ago, and keep getting their 500 a week.

keepngoal

OKA: keepingoal
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
  • A bigger paycheck (the minimum raise went up right?)
  • Banking, so we can earn interest on our $$ (BrianHos, should be good at that)
  • Donation = credits. 1000-1 the first time $25 given, then 5000-1 on second $25 given and max out at 7500-1 for any remaining $$ given.
-keep

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I don't think activity should be strictly based on posting. The site does keep track of what you've read, etc. IMO, that should count for activity as well.

Keep the weekly base of 500 credits (or maybe decrease to 250) for non-active members and the develop an overly-complicated formula where members can increase their weekly paycheck by being more active (reading/posting/betting/etc).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron