Cy's Locker Room?

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I'm assuming plenty of you have ordered from Cy's Locker Room before, and I'm curious as to how it went for you. I ordered stuff from Cy's locker room for the first time back on August 6th. Everything seemed to be going fine as I got my confirmation email and was excited to get new swag for the entire family. Now granted, it was a large order, but not so large that I ever thought I'd have to call in to check on it. Also, it had one of the overpriced jack trice throwback shirts which was a pre-order. That being said, it was supposed to ship August 8th I believe.

I called in via the phone number they provided, and got treated to Buckeye Corner and Ohio State's fight song for the hold... The rep was helpful sounding, (no actual help has been provided yet), and I'm waiting for them to research the issue and get back to me. I'm not sure the clothes will be here in time for the first game at this point.

In the future I'd rather buy local rather than from a large conglomerate that manages to confuse Iowa and Ohio (must be on the east coast).

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
6a00d834530c9c69e20162fc168b41970d-500wi

Cyclone06

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Urbandale
I ordered four glasses which were comically packed, causing two to be broken on arrival. I called and was treated wonderfully by the representative who sent me two new ones. Luckily those arrived unharmed and my order was complete. Interesting though, I also rec'd a few extra items I did not order with the resend. It seems to me the fulfillment system that cys locker room uses leaves quite a bit to be desired.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Whenever I told people I was going to Iowa State, 95% of them thought I said Ohio State kinda weird. 4% asked about the Hakweyes and that 1% were my heroes.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I've had ridiculously terrible luck with Cy's Locker Room online in the past in dealing with their customer service for a screwed up order. Truthfully, the customer service experience I dealt with there was arguably the worst one of my entire life. Essentially, a long story short, I dealt with a long line of people who didn't give a crap and kept trying to just blow me off and pass me down the line to the point where they just ignored the issue. In fact, it got so bad that I had to send a letter to our athletic department where they actually stepped in to take care of me. This was probably 1 1/2 ago, so hopefully they are better by now, but I doubt it. All said and done, the company that owns it is Lidz (big company) and they are so big where they truthfully don't give a rip about dealing with customer service. Iowa State is only one of their many clients too.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I got a huge box of hawk crap in the mail the other day, couldnt figure out what the deal was, opened it up and it was addressed to some lady. It was baby clothes so I thought I better figure it out. I called her (phone # was on packaging label) and made fun of her for being a hawk fan to which she laughed and then I called the UofI bookstore. THey had no idea how it ended up at my house 200 miles away.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I've had ridiculously terrible luck with Cy's Locker Room online in the past in dealing with their customer service for a screwed up order. Truthfully, the customer service experience I dealt with there was arguably the worst one of my entire life. Essentially, a long story short, I dealt with a long line of people who didn't give a crap and kept trying to just blow me off and pass me down the line to the point where they just ignored the issue. In fact, it got so bad that I had to send a letter to our athletic department where they actually stepped in to take care of me. This was probably 1 1/2 ago, so hopefully they are better by now, but I doubt it. All said and done, the company that owns it is Lidz (big company) and they are so big where they truthfully don't give a rip about dealing with customer service. Iowa State is only one of their many clients too.

It should be noted that I've also ordered other stuff from there at different times where the stuff arrived with no issues. I'm just warning you that stuff could possibly hit the fan with them if something does go wrong and you've actually got to deal with their customer service department. That is when it gets dicey.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
I ordered once for a christmas order. It was an Iowa State watch for my dad. Luckily i opened it up to check it out, because i found out it was an Iowa watch. The person on the phone tried to tell me it was just a 'style change' and it took me awhile to convince them no, they ****ed up. They had no idea there was a difference even. And then they werent going to have a replacement out in time for christmas.

Luckily i was able to call the Ames store and while they didnt have it in stock, they told me they'd do what they could to handle it. Christmas eve morning i'm woken up to my doorbell ringing. Theyd gotten it ordered and overnighted to me.

So... the customer service of the online store... sucks. But if something goes wrong, try calling the local store, they may be able to help.

drlove

Mar 20, 2007
I'm assuming plenty of you have ordered from Cy's Locker Room before, and I'm curious as to how it went for you. I ordered stuff from Cy's locker room for the first time back on August 6th. Everything seemed to be going fine as I got my confirmation email and was excited to get new swag for the entire family. Now granted, it was a large order, but not so large that I ever thought I'd have to call in to check on it. Also, it had one of the overpriced jack trice throwback shirts which was a pre-order. That being said, it was supposed to ship August 8th I believe.

I called in via the phone number they provided, and got treated to Buckeye Corner and Ohio State's fight song for the hold... The rep was helpful sounding, (no actual help has been provided yet), and I'm waiting for them to research the issue and get back to me. I'm not sure the clothes will be here in time for the first game at this point.

In the future I'd rather buy local rather than from a large conglomerate that manages to confuse Iowa and Ohio (must be on the east coast).

Living in Colorado, I've needed to order a lot of ISU product over the last couple years. I call the Ames store and don't order on-line. I have had nothing but great experiences in working with Angie at CysLockerroom.

BuffettClone

Jul 7, 2012
I just ordered 3 new tshirts and the whole order arived correct and earlier than predicted...so I was happy with my service. Sorry to read all of your unfortunate experiences, because I hate the lack of customer service these days no matter where you shop.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
The lady I spoke with was very nice, but I doubt I hear back... If I don't hear anything by tomorrow I'll give the Ames store a call. Sounds like the brick and mortar store is stellar. Thanks!

yler4cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 23, 2009
Ankeny, IA
I have ordered a few things offline with no issues.

The store is Ames has really nice people running it. I actually ordered a pair of sweatpants offline and then went to the store and found out they had them in the store. I tried on the size I ordered and they were way to big. The lady in the store allowed me to buy the right ones and then she reimbursed me when the pants got to the store. I didn't even have to go back up to Ames for he to reimburse me. I recommend going through the store if at all possible.

wcamnclone

Oct 24, 2008
Fargo, ND
I haven't ordered from the online store in a while, but everything I have ordered seems to have been correct. Granted it has only been t-shirts and nothing could be broken while being delivered. I have also had excellent luck ordering things off the bookstore website and never had an issue.

BKLYNCyclone

Sep 16, 2007
Twin Cities, MN
I thought I'd post an update. I never heard back from Buckeye Corner... Like I didn't expect that. I'm glad I posted this as it appears that if you have trouble with the online store, your best course of action is to call the Ames store. I called in today, told them the issue, and the girl I spoke with said she'd take care of it. An hour later I got a call from the call center, only this time it was Cy's Locker room. The guy was very apologetic and said my items will be overnighted to me since they were so late. So, I think I'll be receiving them Thursday as it might have been to late to go out in today's delivery.

Thanks for the advice!

cyclonedave25

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I got something a couple weeks ago and only got 1 out of 2 things that I had ordered.
I called the # and they sent out the missing item the next day. I got everything I was supposed to, but it took 2 tries.

ribsnwhiskey

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 6, 2009
I went to the store in Ames the other day. Got what i wanted. And its fun being in a dedicated istate store. Then i drove home. No complaints.