Dallas / Texas beers ?

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
I always like to drink local when I’m traveling.

What Dallas or state of Texas beers do i need to keep an eye out for while down in Dallas this weekend?

I’m a fan of: Hazy IPAs, Lagers, pilsners.

bigsag

Jan 27, 2009
Shiner Holiday Cheer is in my fridge right now ! (NW Iowa location) Shiner Brewery makes my top three list of breweries in the country.

Reactions: aauummm

BACyclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2011
Reinbeck, IA
In the DFW area I was really impressed with the Lakewood Brewing Co. They have a "Temptress" line of imperial stouts, and I found a Salted Caramel variant that was outstanding. You might be able to find this in bottles at a large grocery store if you can't make it to the brewery.

Reactions: Messi

sandiego

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 14, 2006
Chattanooga, TN
Brewery (popular beer) - False Idol (Side Hustlin), Jester King (mostly sours/farmhouse and collaborations with everybody), Celestial Beerkworks (Double Stars), Lone Pint (Yellow Rose), Lakewood (Temptress), Infamous Brewing (Sweep the Leg), Hops & Grain (The One They Call Zoe), 512 (Pecan Porter), Thirsty Planet (Thirsty Goat), Live Oak (HefeWeizen), Braindead, Vector, 3 Nations,

Shiner Cheer is crap. They changed the recipe about 5-6 years ago. They did the same with Ruby redbird a couple years ago and its now a crap beer.

You can't go wrong in the DFW area, tons of local breweries. Deep Ellum area is a ton of fun. There's a Craft & Growler that carries a great selection of beers.

Reactions: cstrunk and Messi

baller21

Mar 15, 2009
Yeah, my wife likes Shiner Cheer and I had a couple over the weekend. It's pretty meh.

On average I’ll have about one a year around the holidays and that’s enough for me. Really not a fan of anything Shiner.

ISUTex

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 25, 2012
Rural U.S.A.
I always like to drink local when I’m traveling.

What Dallas or state of Texas beers do i need to keep an eye out for while down in Dallas this weekend?

I’m a fan of: Hazy IPAs, Lagers, pilsners.

Shiner (lots of varieties) and/or Lone Star. Can't go wrong.

Reactions: JimmyChitwood

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron