NBA: Dan Patrick: Tyrese Haliburton is the NBA MVP

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Statistically Jokic is the biggest producer. It's very possible his 4-5 year stretch is the most well rounded statistical production of any basketball player ever.

After that it becomes debatable with Tyrese right in there. Embiid puts up monster numbers when healthy. Doncic produces in a similar well rounded way as Jokic just less prolific. After Embiid/Doncic you really have to start embracing less efficient players or more specialized players (Steph) to put them above Tyrese. Players who produce a lot but don't facilitate as much or take far more shots to get similar points. He's not a liability on defense for his position but there are a small handful of players where you could argue their defense gets them close to what Tyrese is doing.

In the advanced offensive stats this year it's very clearly #1 Jokic, #2 Tyrese.

Gilgeous-Alexander is a player I didn't mention that is in the mix who non-NBA fans probably haven't seen much of. I'm sure you could make an arguement for him with the same "other than Jokic" disclaimer as Tyrese.

In terms of a likable personality for potential marketing $$$ opportunities Steph is the only one of these guys comparable to Tyrese. I think every piece of publicity like this Dan Patrick piece will probably show more of that to the world. Jokic is probably my favorite player but like Tim Duncan he's never going to be MJ/Kobe/LBJ marketing phenomenon, Embiid isn't exactly the ultimate pitch man either.

Last edited:

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I was just listening to fox sports radio. The show had an nba insider on and he called Haliburton not only the best pg in the league but that he's probably the mvp of the league.

Reactions: JP4CY and chadly82