Dance Marathon

TaDelt

Apr 29, 2009
Cedar Rapids
CF,

I have currently been elected the entertainment director for next years Dance Marathon (January 2011). If you don't know what Dance Marathon is, it is an organization that raises money for the Children's Miracle Network and the hospital in Iowa City. Last year, we raised and donated over $181,000!

Anyways, although it is a way off, we are beginning to plan the day of entertainment. I would really like to get athletes involved and if any of you have any other ideas or suggestions that would be fun for kids, please let me know.

Thanks in advance, also feel free to PM me.

Tyler Anderson

wxman1

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 2, 2008
Cedar Rapids
If you want more athletics involvement and more student involvement move it to a day that there is no basketball game. This year I believe it was on the same day as the Men's game vs KU so that take a good number of students out. Not sure how much athletics involvement you want but do your best to figure out when their stuff is and plan around it.

nautical12

Sep 2, 2009
Mason City
This is a great organization. I was diagnosed with leukemia in '03 and went to the UI hospitals for treatment. Dance Marathon paid for all the parking and gave food tickets for my whole family along with many other things. Even though they are small things they make the hospital experiance as best as it can be.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Other than than the two words I dislike very much (dance and Marathon) Good luck with your event.