Darlinstone Dubar

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007
I'm still not sold on Prohm. He does an ok job of recruiting and is pretty average all around, but I don't think he is great

iowa-state-big-12-finals.png

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Tre Jackson looks like he’s going to be a sharpshooter. We have a young team, let them play before you criticize them and call them mediocre. Haliburton shot 43% from 3 last year. Bolton will be a great shooter and if Nixon can get healthy and really dial it in he could be a good shooter for the squad. Pretty much everyone except conditt will be shooting 3’s this year. The numbers in the scrimmages haven’t looked great but that is what scrimmages are for. Season hasn’t started yet and already being negative. I for one am excited for Tuesday and for the whole season!
I wasn't talking about this season. In four seasons Prohm has finished 5th in conference twice and dead last once. Is that not mediocre? I'm not on the fire Prohm bandwagon or anything, I just haven't been impressed so far.

There are some new faces this year so we'll see how they do.

CaptainClutch

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 1, 2014
I wasn't talking about this season. In four seasons Prohm has finished 5th in conference twice and dead last once. Is that not mediocre? I'm not on the fire Prohm bandwagon or anything, I just haven't been impressed so far.

There are some new faces this year so we'll see how they do.
Hoiberg left him with a good core but Fred’s last recruiting classes were horrible. He left Prohm with no young talent. Simeon carter, Nick noscowiak and more. Prohm 2 big 12 tournament championships, a sweet 16, tournament 3 out of 4 years. Don’t forget that Iowa State finished tied for 2nd in the conference in Prohms second year.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Hoiberg left him with a good core but Fred’s last recruiting classes were horrible. He left Prohm with no young talent. Simeon carter, Nick noscowiak and more. Prohm 2 big 12 tournament championships, a sweet 16, tournament 3 out of 4 years. Don’t forget that Iowa State finished tied for 2nd in the conference in Prohms second year.
The year Prohm finishes 2nd was all Hoiberg players. Just saying. A last place finish should never happen even if it is a rebuilding year.

Where did Carter end up? Is he still playing college ball?

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
The year Prohm finishes 2nd was all Hoiberg players. Just saying. A last place finish should never happen even if it is a rebuilding year.

Monté Morris found another gear under Prohm he did not have under Hoiberg.

Matt Thomas was much better under Prohm. He went from a disappointment, even a bust, and the chosen whipping post of Cyclone Fanatic to one of the best SGs in school history. The difference for Naz was more muted, but he went from average Big 12 starter under Hoiberg to second-team all-Big 12 under Prohm and is currently in the NBA.

Deonte Burton never played for Fred Hoiberg.

Solomon Young, Nick Weiler-Babb, Donovan Jackson, and Darrell Bowie, the rest of that team's rotation, were Prohm guys (or at least TJ guys), not Hoiberg guys.

Last edited:

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

Doesn't matter, still finished 2nd. A last place finish shouldn't happen, but it did, get over it. We rebounded after that to have a really good year last season.

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA
Monté Morris found another gear under Prohm he did not have under Hoiberg.

Matt Thomas was much better under Prohm. He went from a disappointment, even a bust, and the chosen whipping post of Cyclone Fanatic to one of the best SGs in school history. The difference for Naz was more muted, but he went from average Big 12 starter under Hoiberg to second-team all-Big 12 under Prohm and is currently on an NBA contract.

Deonte Burton never played for Fred Hoiberg.

Solomon Young, Nick Weiler-Babb, Donovan Jackson, and Darrell Bowie, the rest of that team's rotation, were Prohm guys (or at least TJ guys), not Hoiberg guys.
Prohm also turned Nader into a draft-worthy NBA player.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

So just anyone could have walked in and finished second with Hoiberg players? And wasn't Fred "rebuilding" his first year?

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Does anyone really know this demoncore person? The offensiveness of the remarks can even be construed as carefully placed negative propaganda to discourage future recruits. That said, bravo, to the combatants of such immature behavior.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Oh, ok. It's great that you keep a chart for people to follow. I'm normally pretty diehard with basketball but haven't had the time to keep up as much the last couple years.
Yet you come on board and first thing you do is, childishly, make fun of someone's name. I hope your music is better than your common sense.

• Creative
Reactions: Steve

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Is Haliburton an entire team? Last I checked he is one player. Yes, he's a good one, but one good player doesn't win games. What the team really needs is a good sharp shooter.
Just curious. When Haliburton was recruited, did you criticize Prohm for it? Very likely you did because he was pretty much under the radar in comparison to what he's achieved. So, then why would you be premature in assessing the talent level of this team before they've had a chance to gel?

CyTwins

Jan 20, 2010
Ankeny
Just curious. When Haliburton was recruited, did you criticize Prohm for it? Very likely you did because he was pretty much under the radar in comparison to what he's achieved. So, then why would you be premature in assessing the talent level of this team before they've had a chance to gel?

Lol

I think we might have to redshirt a couple guys this year with the depth we have. It woukd benefit Haliburton and Conditt as well as benefit the team.

Hayes30

Jun 20, 2011
Ah, gotcha. I'm not as familiar with the roster this year as I usually am. I'm still not sold on Prohm. He does an ok job of recruiting and is pretty average all around, but I don't think he is great. Maybe he'll get things headed in the right direction eventually.
He is an ok recruiter? He has brought in 8 of the top 15 Recruits in ISU History, with 2 of them being in the top 3, and next week will likely have 3 of the top 5. If you want a bigger overall picture of his recruiting he has brought in 15 of the top 30 Recruits in ISU history. I would say he is a few levels above ok.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
Yet you come on board and first thing you do is, childishly, make fun of someone's name. I hope your music is better than your common sense.
Yeah, what an odd attack he went with.

To recap, someone who chose a moniker based on a horrible band, 1.) made fun of a recruit’s name, 2.) tried to justify that by connecting it to his opinion that it’s mediocre recruiting. 3.) then claimed others were being childish 4.) admitted he doesn’t even know the roster or earnestly follow ISU MBB

I don’t think all Cyclones need to agree on the assessment of Cyclone sports, but he should stick to bad music.

Last edited: