David Montgomery on Radars

colin_jokeo

Jul 11, 2017
Iowa City, IA
Hey, not sure on the rules regarding links to other sites but this is a good breakdown(with GIFs) of David Montgomery. He really did sneak through the cracks of recruiting.

http://dynastyfootballfactory.com/devy-watch-rb-david-montgomery-iowa-state/

Not sure how many people here play in dynasty leagues that allow devy players but found it interesting he's made some waves. *Big Media* really doesn't cover Non 5* SEC players but if anyone was questioning why Montgomery beat out Warren....Montgomery is the better back and might have a pro future.

ISU had just under 2000 yards rushing last year, wouldn't be surprised if that was closer to 2300 this year.

Brandon

Feb 6, 2014
This surprised me as he's only a sophomore. It seem this year we have a lot of players on watch lists

Reactions: colin_jokeo

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Good find on this article. I liked seeing the variety of clips emphasizing his points.

Montgomery doesn't get the same star treatment that some of our other offensive players get, but he could end up being the most important factor by the end of the year. Teams are going to try to make us run or make us throw to suit their strength. David's a huge part to providing that balance needed to allow us to dictate what we're gonna do.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Yeah, I think he's a pro. His pass catching ability is off the charts for a RB.

colin_jokeo

Jul 11, 2017
Iowa City, IA
Good find on this article. I liked seeing the variety of clips emphasizing his points.

Montgomery doesn't get the same star treatment that some of our other offensive players get, but he could end up being the most important factor by the end of the year. Teams are going to try to make us run or make us throw to suit their strength. David's a huge part to providing that balance needed to allow us to dictate what we're gonna do.

Yeah with everyone expecting another 1300 from Warren and David with offers from Miami(OH) and Cincinnati, there was no way to expect much. BUT he is 220lbs looks to have sub 4.5 speed, if his shuttles and 3-cone test well then that's def an NFL back. Those numbers won't come for a couple years at least. Yay!

I'm gonna have a little breakdown on Park as well. He's going to get some looks I think. I mean If Davis Webb, Beathard and Dobbs can go in the 3rd round then he's easily in that mix.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
Yeah with everyone expecting another 1300 from Warren and David with offers from Miami(OH) and Cincinnati, there was no way to expect much. BUT he is 220lbs looks to have sub 4.5 speed, if his shuttles and 3-cone test well then that's def an NFL back. Those numbers won't come for a couple years at least. Yay!

I'm gonna have a little breakdown on Park as well. He's going to get some looks I think. I mean If Davis Webb, Beathard and Dobbs can go in the 3rd round then he's easily in that mix.

Montgomery is a pretty solid back but there is literally a zero percent chance he has sub-4.5 speed.

• Agree
  • Creative
Reactions: aauummm and Doc

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Montgomery is a pretty solid back but there is literally a zero percent chance he has sub-4.5 speed.

Yeah, I was going to post the same thing. He's got a great burst, though. Better than Warren, who may be sub 4.5.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
He looks pretty fast to me when he shifts into high gear and gets into the open field. He isn't out running CB's but that's how it is supposed to be. Someone Montgomery's size, with a sub 4.5 40 is called Alabama's starting running back. Those kind of players are very rare.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Oh, and the other thing that makes this even more impressive to me is the fact that he played QB in high school.

• Agree
Reactions: CyBlitz

CyFy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 13, 2014
Huxley
I thought the same thing as gasser said in the article. How did he not have more offers out of highschool. I made it known on here that I thought his tape was the most impressive high school tape a recruit to ISU has had in a long time.

He reminds me of Perine because of his balance and the way he cuts. He however is much quicker. To keep the Oklahoma comparisons continue he is hybrid of perine and mixon...

For the record I am not saying he is going to be as good but his ceiling seems pretty high

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
In case everyone forgot what he looks like.

Man... I pray our OL is better this year. Montgomery is the real deal, we all know what Warren is capable of when his mind is right, and then our weapons at the WR position are scary good. I'm just so worried about the OL. I hope Manning has them clicking from game one this year.... not 7 games into the season like last year.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
Man... I pray our OL is better this year. Montgomery is the real deal, we all know what Warren is capable of when his mind is right, and then our weapons at the WR position are scary good. I'm just so worried about the OL. I hope Manning has them clicking from game one this year.... not 7 games into the season like last year.

If the OL is a notch better than it was at the end of last season, we'll score more points per game than any previous ISU has. I have little doubt about that.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
If the OL is a notch better than it was at the end of last season, we'll score more points per game than any previous ISU has. I have little doubt about that.

I hope you're right. That would be awesome.

Even if the defense doesn't end up being great, I'd rather lose games 56-42 than 56-10, it'd be more exciting to watch at least.

BWRhasnoAC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2013
Dez Moy Nez
I hope you're right. That would be awesome.

Even if the defense doesn't end up being great, I'd rather lose games 56-42 than 56-10, it'd be more exciting to watch at least.
Doesn't seem like Campbell's style to ignore defense. Maybe we just aren't there yet, but I see us winning games more like 38-35. Campbell wants to run the ball. If he can, we can control the clock and push offenses into the strength of our defense, the secondary.

I am so ready for some football. I'm already an anxious person. Can't be healthy.

Help Support Us

Become a patron