NSCR: ***DAYTONA 500***

BeneventiCy28

Feb 9, 2015
Granger
Indeed. Love me some C7. I've gotten to see them here at Circuit of the Americas in both the WEC and Sportscar Championship. Incredible one two finish in the GTLM class for Corvette. GTD and prototype also saw some great finishes.

No doubt one hell of a finish. It's nice to see the Corvettes back to their winning ways. 24 hours of Le Mans is one of the two bucket list trips my brothers and I have to go see a race.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
I've got some really good dinner going so that's going for me.

I did take a 20 minute nap right after the Buescher crash.

Ya it has been.

How much of this boringness is from NASCAR changing the rules and cars, and how much of it is from the drivers just driving differently? I remember races with 60+ lead changes between 40 drivers. Now, its 1 guy lead over 70 straight laps and like 5 people lead the race the whole time.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
How much of this boringness is from NASCAR changing the rules and cars, and how much of it is from the drivers just driving differently? I remember races with 60+ lead changes between 40 drivers. Now, its 1 guy lead over 70 straight laps and like 5 people lead the race the whole time.

I think a lot is the aero package. Hard to pass. We see it at the other tracks too. Weren't they changing that this year so maybe non-plate races will be different?

Plus if guys are having trouble with the handling, they aren't going to be as aggressive.

cowgirl836

Sep 3, 2009
Plus why destroy your car halfway through a race? Might as well wait to the end to push it. Maybe not this one in particular, but some races could be shortened.

ISUcyclones11

Dec 11, 2014
Ankeny, IA
Am I the only one who would be perfectly fine with completely getting rid of restrictor plate tracks outside of the D500? They are so boring. Real racing is done at Bristol, Richmond, etc.

cmjh10

Dec 5, 2012
Buffalo Center
Plus why destroy your car halfway through a race? Might as well wait to the end to push it. Maybe not this one in particular, but some races could be shortened.

I think both your points are right. NASCAR needs to find a setup that makes all the cars competitive and therefore more exciting races.

But, I think drivers just realized it was stupid pushing it until like 20 laps to go.