NSCR: Daytona 500

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Ha me too..... But I have started to root for Smoke alot anymore since at least he has a shot to win races.

And I think I would like to see Bristol over Daytona but its close

Since I've already been to a super speedway(Talladega).....Bristol is now tops on my list. I wanna see that bullring before my days are over!!!

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Totally unfounded and probably untrue rumor I heard: Tony was drunk one night and telling people that NASCAR paid other drivers to let Junior win in the year or 2 after his dad died. They needed him to become the face of their sport and he had to win races to do that.

Normally, I wouldn't believe it but its not often that drivers stop winning races. And now he has the best equipment in the business and is still bad.

If he doesn't do anything with Hendrick power this year, then I would tend to believe something like this is entirely possible. Afterall money is a great motive!!

kingcy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 16, 2006
Menlo, Iowa
I am stating to lose more and more intrest. NASCAR was fun when there was bumping, rubbing, guys going at it every lap. Now they just ride around for 450 miles and then start to race. There were fights guys talking bad about each other. Now if you do anything out of line you get fined. It is all about the sponsors now, no one wants to **** anyone off. NASCAR has exclusive sponsorships now making it harder for the small teams to make it. It is not much about the driver anymore but who he drives for. Not a fan of the super youth movement either. Get a real racecar driver in the car not some dorky 19yo. You can probaly do to any race track in Iowa on race night and find a driver that can win in NASCAR givin the chance.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
JJ has kinda killed things for me the past half decade. I've been a bit out of it since Dale was lost and Jr just doesn't fill the void for me.

But I do hope to get more into it again this year! To ISUFan - you will love it! I made it to Las Vegas the 2nd year they raced there and it was still one of the best things I have ever seen live. First class tailgating all weekend!!!!

Racer68

Dec 20, 2008
Vinton, IA
Ha me too..... But I have started to root for Smoke alot anymore since at least he has a shot to win races.

And I think I would like to see Bristol over Daytona but its close

Bristol was incredible. We were there for the 1st race of the "car of tomorrow" and still on the old surface...rubbing and racing the way they should be!

CyCrazy

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
Bristol was incredible. We were there for the 1st race of the "car of tomorrow" and still on the old surface...rubbing and racing the way they should be!

This is what I love about racing. Super speedways are fun to watch but the startegy and action like a track at bristol are down right awesome

C

Cyclone42

What do you guys think of Danica Patrick making the move to NASCAR? Apparently, her mentor will be Dale Jr.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
What do you guys think of Danica Patrick making the move to NASCAR? Apparently, her mentor will be Dale Jr.

I think she's going to be driving Dale Jr's Nationwide car but I could be wrong on that. Just announced yesterday that she will be driving in 12 NW races, I hope one of them is Newton!! I think she has the talent but we will see.

cowboycurtis

Jul 20, 2006
I think she's going to be driving Dale Jr's Nationwide car but I could be wrong on that. Just announced yesterday that she will be driving in 12 NW races, I hope one of them is Newton!! I think she has the talent but we will see.

Said on ESPN that she is racing in the Arca race on the 6th and depending on how she does could be in a NW car for the race on the 13th in Daytona. But she is going back to IRL until june and will then go back to the NW cars.

Would like to see her do well and get out of that crap they call IRL. Also i think they should make a rule that she must wear a string bikini while not in a race car. She looked good in the SI swimsuit issue last year.

RhoadsRage

I AM SO PROUD....
Bookie
Jan 25, 2010
McGregor
Said on ESPN that she is racing in the Arca race on the 6th and depending on how she does could be in a NW car for the race on the 13th in Daytona. But she is going back to IRL until june and will then go back to the NW cars.

Would like to see her do well and get out of that crap they call IRL. Also i think they should make a rule that she must wear a string bikini while not in a race car. She looked good in the SI swimsuit issue last year.

I could not agree with you more!!!!