DC Extended Universe

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I really liked it. Best super hero movie in a few years IMO. Still way too long though.
Yeah could have probably been a little shorter but I never was sitting there feeling like this is an extremely long movie or I am ready for this to be over.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Glad you guys really enjoyed The Batman. I was only so-so on it. Was a bit too grounded, dark and grunge for my liking.
I think that is very fair. It is definitely a very grounded "superhero" movie. That is why I like it in its own little universe as I don't really see this Batman fitting in with a bunch of invincible people flying around. Honestly would have fit in pretty nicely with Joaquin Phoenix's joker (maybe too dark? LOL) if DC had any sort of cohesive vision.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I think that is very fair. It is definitely a very grounded "superhero" movie. That is why I like it in its own little universe as I don't really see this Batman fitting in with a bunch of invincible people flying around. Honestly would have fit in pretty nicely with Joaquin Phoenix's joker (maybe too dark? LOL) if DC had any sort of cohesive vision.

Yeah, I agree I want it to remain separate

Reactions: CloniesForLife

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006

Definitely pumped even more for this one. Zod V Batman....yes please

• Love
Reactions: Gorm

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
I've really been looking forward to this one. I was always a bit of a sucker for the Flash when I was a kid. When the whole "Ezra Miller is crazy and the movie might get shelfed" came out, I was pretty bummed. I'm not going to justify what he did off-screen, but I'm glad this one is being released.

• Agree
Reactions: burn587 and bos

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Just painfully caught up on the latest season of Titans. I'll just say this, the previous era of Greg Berlanti, Geoff John's and DC TV can't end soon enough. I'm so so ready to move on.

• Agree
Reactions: CloniesForLife

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Just painfully caught up on the latest season of Titans. I'll just say this, the previous era of Greg Berlanti, Geoff John's and DC TV can't end soon enough. I'm so so ready to move on.
Yeah it's pretty bad. I thought it started off pretty good and had lots of potential but it just drifted to almost unwatchable. Lots of stuff that just doesn't make sense

Reactions: Triggermv

Scruff

Mar 11, 2008
Coralville, IA

I totally missed they were working on Reyes - Blue Beetle. The trailer doesn't look very good, but I hope I'm wrong because I loved his character in Young Justice.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I’m pumped and couldn’t care less about their worries. Just show the damn film. It looks great.

CycloneCJ

Jan 21, 2008
Plymouth, MN
The trailer for the new Flash movie looks pretty great. I've seen a handful of the DC movies, do I need to watch any specific ones to have enough background for the Flash movie?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
The trailer for the new Flash movie looks pretty great. I've seen a handful of the DC movies, do I need to watch any specific ones to have enough background for the Flash movie?
Honestly? Probably just Superman that had Zod in it. But even then, you probably could get away with not having seen it. Although I really liked that one.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Anyone see The Flash yet? I've got tix on Tuesday. Been interesting reading the fan reviews now that it is out. Been a lot of complaining about poor CGI, which you guys know I am one of the biggest CGI critics out there, so I'm a bit eeeek. Then I saw this article where the director says the poor CGI was intentional, so I now have no idea what to think.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Anyone see The Flash yet? I've got tix on Tuesday. Been interesting reading the fan reviews now that it is out. Been a lot of complaining about poor CGI, which you guys know I am one of the biggest CGI critics out there, so I'm a bit eeeek. Then I saw this article where the director says the poor CGI was intentional, so I now have no idea what to think.

And the director, Andy Muschietti, was just announced as director for Batman: Brave and the Bold so maybe that is a better fit since Batman isn't as CGI-dependent.

CycloneWarrior

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 10, 2008
Urbandale,Ia

I’ve seen the majority of Marvel and DC movies…The Flash might be the worst super hero movie I’ve seen.

• Disagree
Reactions: ISUChippewa

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron