Dear Amanda Zimmerman: Cyclone Nation Loves You!

NYCy

Feb 15, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Anyone who saw the game tonight and has been following this team's ins & outs closely needs to stand up and be SO proud of Z right now!!!!

I just didn't want Z's incredible, energizing performance to get lost in the shuffle of the blowout win and Bolte's senior night.

That is all.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I'm so proud of Z's play today. She is capable of playing like this every game but never gets any opportunities. Glad she made the most of this one and hopefully opened the eyes of the coaches.

cy4prez7

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2010
Des Moines
She got her 11 points in like 4 minutes!!! Sparked the 27-4 run we finished on!

hawkeyeh8r

Jun 10, 2010
Ames
i love how fennelly can bring in new people year after year and even with only a few experienced people we are still a top 25 team...hes a damn good coach and he ones of the few that has mastered the art of developing young players quickly. hopefully hoiberg does the same thing with the mens team

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Anyone who saw the game tonight and has been following this team's ins & outs closely needs to stand up and be SO proud of Z right now!!!!

I just didn't want Z's incredible, energizing performance to get lost in the shuffle of the blowout win and Bolte's senior night.

That is all.

I totally agree. She has been fighting for minutes and has struggled a bit when she has gotten in. However, the first 3 she made from the corner was a big a spark as we've seen at Hilton in quite a while. The entire crowd was so happy for her. Then, to take it further with that post move to the left in the paint and then another 3 was fantastic. We are so proud of her keeping her head up during the last few games. She can be an important ingredient as we move into to tournament play. KEEP IT UP!!!!!!

BenEClone

Mar 21, 2006
Lincoln, Ne
She's always been a shooter and she'll only get better. This year, averaging 11 min., she shot .422 fg and .389 3's for 3.6 ppg. Last year, averaging 15 min., she shot .513 fg and .417 3's for 5 ppg. She's a strong 6-1 forward who can go to the hoop or hit 40% from the outside - that's a valuable, versatile player. I don't know what next year's lineup will look like, but, Z could have a big role.

IanSmith

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
Zimmerman brought it last night. One thing I noticed is how happy her coaches and teammates were when she started draining those 3's. Great to see!

Last edited:

mhalb

Apr 11, 2010
Iowa
Z had the spark last night. If she did not come in would we have had that big of lead? This game goes out to Z and Bolte.

gizzsdad

Mar 4, 2009
......but rumor mill has Zimm transferring at the end of the season.

I first heard this in December - maybe Tuesday night's experience will help.

Based on what I have heard said to her this season on the bench - I wouldn't be shocked if she left.

CycloneBob

Aug 9, 2010
Ames
I first heard this in December - maybe Tuesday night's experience will help.

Based on what I have heard said to her this season on the bench - I wouldn't be shocked if she left.

I truly hope this is only rumor. Z committed like as a high school freshman. I've been told she is a true Cyclone. I'm not a coach, but she sure looks like she should be a contributor for the next 2 yrs - not a starter, but a solid contributor. Loosing a player from like TX is one thing, but I sure don't like to loose the instate players to transfer - just sets a wrong tone.

NebrClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 11, 2006
Bill says it's not true, but rumor mill has Zimm transferring at the end of the season.

Listen to BF's press conference after the game and he said it was a great performance for her last game at Hilton and them backtracted. At the time I thought is was strange, but maybe not.

Last edited:

BoxsterCy

Staff member
Sep 14, 2009
Minnesota
Zimmerman brought it last night. One thing I noticed is how happy her coaches and teammates were when she started draining those 3's. Great to see!

Just watched the highlights and this was exactly what I saw...teammates VERY happy for her. Missed the game Clonezone cast, connection here in Mexico is super slow. Even watching the highlights took about 10 minutes for three minutes of video, it was worth the wait though.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
If Amanda does leave, I sure hope it doesn't hurt Rhoads' chances in recruiting her "little" brother Travis. He's a good football player, and we need big boys like him.