Deepwater Horizon needs a sequel

Cy95

Feb 19, 2017
I watched the movie Deepwater Horizon recently. I thought it was an excellent movie, well-written and well-directed. But I remember the actual events when they happened just a few years ago, and the movie felt incomplete to me. The movie focused entirely on the explosions that brought down the drilling platform itself, and I think there is more than enough story in how the breech was plugged to warrant a sequel. That breech spewed oil into the Gulf of Mexico for almost 90 days, and there was a lot of confusion at first about how it was going to be stopped -- even if it was going to be stopped. I remember at one point the government got so desperate that some people in the government even mulled the idea of an underground nuclear blast to stop it.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
I watched the movie Deepwater Horizon recently. I thought it was an excellent movie, well-written and well-directed. But I remember the actual events when they happened just a few years ago, and the movie felt incomplete to me. The movie focused entirely on the explosions that brought down the drilling platform itself, and I think there is more than enough story in how the breech was plugged to warrant a sequel. That breech spewed oil into the Gulf of Mexico for almost 90 days, and there was a lot of confusion at first about how it was going to be stopped -- even if it was going to be stopped. I remember at one point the government got so desperate that some people in the government even mulled the idea of an underground nuclear blast to stop it.
The film maker said the point behind making the movie was the oil leak got tons of news coverage but the actual explosion and lives lost on the platform got virtually none.

DurangoCy

Jul 5, 2010
Durango, CO
I started buying BP stock the day after the spill and continued buying every week/two weeks until they got it plugged, then sat on it a few more weeks/month before selling. I got out before all the litigation was all that well defined. I think I made 15%-20%, but that was one of the easier trades I've ever made.

I think I read an article to this effect, and realized it was the equivalent to a parking ticket.
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/05/27/bps-profits-far-outweigh_n_591992.html

Thanks American Commuters!

CYCLNST8

Jul 19, 2008
Urbandale
www.gimikk.com
That is an underrated movie.

1114747.jpg

• Agree
Reactions: CtownCyclone