General Defect Title
Can not post
Defect Category
Other
Browers Tested
  • Mozilla Firefox
Detailed Description
Hi,
new user. I signed up a few weeks ago, but have been unable to post. Every time I try to post something, it comes up with an error message, saying my account isn't activated, or I haven't opted in, or don't have permission.

What am I doing wrong?

thanks

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Re: Defect: can't post

How is he able to post that if he can't post?

The power of Jesus.

I unfortunately dont have that. Will need a global mod to check it out. Bizarre.

cyzdaman

Oct 20, 2014
DSM
Defect: can't post......last time

Defect Submission Tool
General Defect Title
can't post......last time
Defect Category
Other
Browers Tested
  • Mozilla Firefox
Detailed Description
Sorry guys, I have no idea what is going on. I am not trying to start a bunch of BS posts and tie up a bunch of bandwidth.

I registered a few weeks ago. I believe it was actually when the whole CYCLONE.TV meltdown happened against TX. clicked on the link I got at that time, and couldn't post. Waited until now to try to post again. Got the same vbulletin message I posted in the above thread. got another link to click. Clicked it from my Iphone, and it said my account was activated. Tried to post, and got the same vbulletin message. I can not reply to any threads (including this one) For those wondering how I am posting if I can't post (lol)......no I'm not Jesus, , I am simply going into "quick links" menu then to report a site problem last message I got said something about a moderator adding me to the forum? I see I now have a PM in the inbox, but I can't even open that now, so no clue what it says, but its titled "achievements"

I am a genuine ISU fan. Graduated with a degree in TRANS/LOG, although I am think a degree in I.T. would be nice right now. Hate the hawks. top bars when I lived in Ames........Deans List, Cyz, Peoples. . Was at Hilton against Oakland (someone had a medical condition and had to have EMS called in the first half) We won by 11.

not sure how I can verify I'm a legit dude anymore then that, but that's all I got. Just wanted to shoot the chit, and talk Iowa State, but starting to think its not worth the trouble. While I am far from a PC engineer, I am a member of several other forums, and have never encountered an issue like this. I have tried to access from 2 different PC's and my iphone, and no dice. Not sure if I am doing something wrong, or what. Never imagined it would be this hard to talk cyclones.

I'll give it till tomorrow, and then just delete my profile (or attempt to), and go back to being a lurker.

thanks.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Re: Defect: can't post......last time

After you click the link are you actually logging in or are you just trying to post. If I am not properly logged in or have been timed out I get the same message when I try to post.

If you haven't logged in look at the upper right hand corner of any forums page. You will see a small white box for your user name and to its right a second white box for your password.

Sorry if this is too elementary, but I am looking for elementary solutions for you.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
Re: Defect: can't post......last time

I'm sure CW will fix your problem. Just be patient.