Defense is the Difference

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
This team is fun to watch on offense but the defense has been equally as fun.This team's length and ability to switch on the perimeter is impressive. Having a defense this good brings the program to the next level and is going to make us much more dangerous when it comes to the tourney.

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
Being successful on offense especially hitting your 3's helps to provide energy on the defensive end. Having Lard swat one into the stands doesn't hurt either ;)

• Agree
Reactions: Cy4Lifer

ca4cy

Dec 6, 2009
North Central IA
Yeah, defense will determine how high this team can go. Our offense is clearly the best in the Big 12, but we’ve seen that before. You don’t usually take that on the road and win consistently. The OSU game was a great example too. If we don’t defend, we don’t win that one either.

My thoughts exactly. A great offense will just about guarantee you at least a .500 record in conference. You'll win almost all your home games and a couple road games. A great defense travels and keeps you in the games where the shots aren't falling (see OSU.) If you want to be a legit contender in the conference race
you're best bet is to have a great defense.

NENick

Feb 14, 2017
The number of times a hand gets on a pass, shot, or dibble has been so impressive. The length, athleticism, and team defense will keep the 'Clones in games, regardless of shooting percentage.

• Agree
Reactions: MeanDean

LarryISU

Feb 10, 2013
Omaha
What I noticed time after time was our defense against the Kansas weave. They run that weave outside passing the ball to a guy going the opposite way and after about 4 passes the guy who gets the ball just curls in along the edge of the lane and gets a layup because the defenders get lost chasing the weave. Almost every time they went to curl in for the layup, we had a defender standing right there and the ball had to be passed back out. It's as if our guys had been coached how to stop that penetration. I like it!