Definitely an 8 Seed or Lower Now

SWCy13

Nov 14, 2011
Team better learn from tonight or we'll be done our first game in the NCAA's too. We really could not have played any worse tonight. Pretty poor effort. Hopefully they learn from it and come out playing hard in the tourney.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
As long as we are in the tournament, I will be happy. I do "hope" though we aren't an 8/9 but if we are..I'm not going to complain about it.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Say hello to a 10 seed - this proves all the pundits right we are not that good.

We are Jekyll and Hyde. Good one minute, not good the next. Never knowing which face is going to show up. Pretty frustrating.

cygrads

Jul 27, 2007
Altoona, IA
1 game = season. Got it.

When we beat Baylor for the 3 seed last game, we were a top 10 team right?

I don't get too high or too low - while we can play very well at times we can also throw out a game like tonight. We are careless at times (see unforced turnovers) and lack consistent effort (getting out rebounded) and the way UT went after the ball I think they wanted it more than we did. We aren't bad but we are not consistent enough to be a top 25 team.

Cyclonepride

Thought Police
Staff member
Apr 11, 2006
A pineapple under the sea
www.oldschoolradical.com
I'm almost certain it will be an 8/9. The committee seems to like to put dangerous but inconsistent teams there. Almost like a penalty for not taking care of business completely. Either way, short of a Big 12 tournament run, we were going to play a reasonably decent team with some flaws in the first round, and a really good team in the second.

CyForPresident

Mar 28, 2006
Cornlands of Ayuxwa
A pretty darn good chance ISU will get Syracuse or Kentucky in the second round. Missouri or Kansas will be a #1 seed, which ISU can't be lined up against by rule. Other spot will be MSU or UNC.

That's assuming ISU can even get out of the first round. ******* pathetic.

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
I would be pretty surprised if we don't get an 8 or a 9. Meaning if we win our first, we'll get to see one of these teams in the next round...

Kentucky
Syracuse
North Carolina
Duke

I'd prefer either ACC team...