Degand is drawing interest

Status
Not open for further replies.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
Sorry, but you are just trying to cover your six now.... you injected the comment that implied those were the things he was looking for in a big city. You could have chosen things like better resturants, the crabcakes in boston, the beach...but you chose the negatives to imply were what Degand was looking for.

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
....and i was hoping that degand and ST wouldn't find other schools so that they'd stick around for a yr (and figure out that ISU's new coach is what they needed to improve)......oh well....wishful thinking

mt85

Mar 24, 2006
[quote1146849429=JCloned]
Sorry, but you are just trying to cover your six now.... you injected the comment that implied those were the things he was looking for in a big city. You could have chosen things like better resturants, the crabcakes in boston, the beach...but you chose the negatives to imply were what Degand was looking for.
[/quote1146849429]

I'm assuming you censored my post, and I now you presume to tell me what I meant. You made your own interpretation. I explained my post to you, but I guess you're more qualified to tell me what I think. Was it you that censored my post?

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I think we were all hanging on to this shred of hope...clearly we were wrong.

JCloned

Mar 20, 2006
No mt85 I didn't censor it, but I support whoever did. Let's move on with some discussion that actually means something.

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
mt85-
I edited your post in a quick action because I came to my computer and had a couple of PM's from people that found the post offensive. I had to leave right away again and just removed the part that people complained about and didn't have time to write a reply or reason why.

As I have stated many times in the past, I do not believe in censoring the boards unless it is something that many people could find offensive and doesn't provide insight into the topic mentioned.

Having looked back at what you said and the context you said it, it probably did not justify being removed from your post and I definitely should have taken the time to write something about it either way. I apologize for removing the text and have included it below so everybody knows what were discussing.

I will work with the moderators on the site to put some guidelines in place for what constitutes moderation and we can make those guidelines readily available on the site. I think we all agree that what makes this site very unique and attractive is the fact that all opinions matter and that we don't ban people for having different opinions. In fact, there are only four total posts that have been moderated that I can tell, not bad for 6609 posts.

The text below is what we are discussing. This was in response to Degand leaving Ames for somewhere more comfortable. The complaints I had received were from people interpreting it that Degand, by referring to city life in the article, participated in the 'gang, drug, and shooting' activities listed in your post. I realize that you were being sarcastic. Please accept my apologies.

Text in dispute:
"I guess he didn't feel comfortable with the safe neighborly enviroment of Ames, IA. The lure of gangs, drug dealing and drive by shootings just aren't available in Ames."

Jer

Opinionated
Feb 28, 2006
Lets start a new thread if anybody wants to discuss Degand leaving. I think this thread has served it's purpose:)

Thanks for understanding. I want to help the site run smoothly and also don't want to moderate things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Help Support Us

Become a patron