Denae Fritz transferring

515Clone

Nov 3, 2020
I mean Bill is 65, he is likely to retire soon anyway. I would not be surprised if the new world of NIL and free transfers he decides to hang it up sooner rather than later.
I don't disagree. Bill took a job no one wanted. Bill has run a clean program. Bill bleeds Cardinal and Gold. The reason we care so much is what Bill, his staff and former players have built. Bill's name will be on a banner inside Hilton when he decides he no longer wants to coach. All I know is I'm throwing my support around Emily and the team. Easy to be there when things are going well. Can't wait to support the team in November.

ZorkClone

Nov 12, 2019
I don't disagree. Bill took a job no one wanted. Bill has run a clean program. Bill bleeds Cardinal and Gold. The reason we care so much is what Bill, his staff and former players have built. Bill's name will be on a banner inside Hilton when he decides he no longer wants to coach. All I know is I'm throwing my support around Emily and the team. Easy to be there when things are going well. Can't wait to support the team in November.
Same. I’m just sad because I loved Fritz’s fire and thought we had many years to see her play.

CapnCy

Jul 6, 2010
Yeah, this is a look into what things could look like if he ends up fired/pushed out here. I hope that's not how things go and I don't see it happening right now. But it could definitely get pretty acrimonious.

It's tough for all involved I'm sure. When things go well, everyone does well and is having a good time....when things may not goes as well or appear to, also impacts lots of people. IF something happens....tons of ripple effects.

Reactions: acoustimac

StClone

Dec 17, 2009
Wisconsin
We can ask for your list in a couple years. Probably why Jamie doesn't post his list on Twitter when he currently has a coach for the upcoming season. Seems pointless.
Honestly, I don't have a list. Bill WILL be here next year...that is how I read this chapter.

However, I will regret if our WBB is a pile of beans two years from now, and how we should have made the change sooner rather than later.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Nope. Life threw her a curveball. This is her time to shine and I believe she will take advantage of this opportunity.
Emily is the most important player we need to keep. If we were allowed to keep only one player off last years team I would keep her. A seasoned point guard is huge. You can bring the other positions along during the year but if you don’t have a solid pg, you start in a massive hole.

Reactions: Jimr and acoustimac

WartburgClone

Mar 14, 2022
Someone posted, and I can’t find it, some coach at a smaller school with Iowa ties and has had success. Any chance you’d know who that coach was?
Cleveland State coach?

Graduated from Hubbard-Radcliffe and Iowa State, interned for Fennelly in late 90's. Has been a winner at the D3, D2, and D1 level.

▪︎ Howard Payne (2000-08): 179-44 (won D-III national championship in 2008)
▪︎ Wayne State College (2008-18): 237-72
▪︎ Cleveland State (2018-pres.): 98-54

CyState85

May 8, 2019
Cleveland State coach?

Graduated from Hubbard-Radcliffe and Iowa State, interned for Fennelly in late 90's. Has been a winner at the D3, D2, and D1 level.

▪︎ Howard Payne (2000-08): 179-44 (won D-III national championship in 2008)
▪︎ Wayne State College (2008-18): 237-72
▪︎ Cleveland State (2018-pres.): 98-54

Kielsmeier is one of the nicest guys in the world. IF Bill retired in the next few years, he is the only call you make.

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
This has the feel of Tinsley’s last year where they couldn’t wait for the year to end and bowed out in the first round of the NCAA Tournament. Although transfers weren’t prevalent back then.
Aw YES the last Tinsley Year...What an F'ing disaster that was and always will be...Tinsley evidently had enough of Larry Eustacy and his antics!!

• Agree
Reactions: cychhosis