Denver Post article on *star* ratings in recruiting....

frontrangeclone

Apr 11, 2006
Cache Valley
twitter.com
I hope this hasn't been posted on here yet and I apologize if it has already, but I thought this article was interesting when it comes to recruiting websites in todays world of college football..... I liked Dan Hawkins comment...

Hawkins said he doesn't hate the concept of the star system but has poked some fun at it since his Boise State days. He recalls offering Aaron Corp a scholarship two years ago when the quarterback was a two-star. Corp signed with USC as a four-star.

Stars of stars lead recruiting world - The Denver Post

BEACHBUM

Oct 23, 2006
Des Moines
The star system was invented to satisfy a market that was previously untapped. Personally I feel it was an incredible idea on the inventors part. It should be studied in business classes someday. Those stars are as signifigant as the pre-season magazines. Like a perfect drug, we soak it up and live in the "now". Then we quickly forget about how inaccurate and unsubstantiated each opinion was as the season unfolds. By the time we start to catch on, we already are in need of another fix..........I am hooked too and need another hit!:wink:

CrossCyed

Mar 30, 2006
All I'll say for now is that all that more stars mean is that that player has a better chance to pan out than any given player with fewer stars.

Help Support Us

Become a patron