Des Moines Area Dentist Recommendations?

cyclone101

Oct 19, 2009
Dez Moinz
Title says it all. No longer going to the dentist from back home and looking for a good dentist in the Des Moines area. I'm a little freaked out by the whole dentist experience so the more gentle they are, the better.

Thanks in advance!

Sigmapolis

Minister of Economy
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 10, 2011
Waukee
Title says it all. No longer going to the dentist from back home and looking for a good dentist in the Des Moines area. I'm a little freaked out by the whole dentist experience so the more gentle they are, the better.

Thanks in advance!

This is a bit of a drive up to Ogden, but I always had a good experience with Dr. Platt...

https://www.ogdenfamilydental.net/

upload_2019-2-21_23-24-41.png

clonehome

Jul 29, 2006
Gateway Dental between downtown and Sherman Hill. Dr Steve Burds. The best of the best. Schedule an appt and see for yourself.

Reactions: oldman

cb1030

Oct 6, 2017
Gateway Dental between downtown and Sherman Hill. Dr Steve Burds. The best of the best. Schedule an appt and see for yourself.

I go to Gateway too and love it. My only complaint is they spam me with appointment reminders on every phone and email I've given them, and get pissy if you dont respond confirming the appointment. I like that I don't feel like they're going to do extra unnecessary work.

cyfan92

Sep 20, 2011
Augusta National Golf Club

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines

Thanks in advance!

If you work downtown, I'd recommend Dr Grask at Hub Dental. Nice small office. Can walk to it from work so you don't have to burn 1/2 day every 6 mos for a checkup. Both wife and I have been going to him since 2001ish.

capitalcityguy

Jun 14, 2007
Des Moines
Burn a half day? How long does your dentist take? I do appointments at 7 am & am usually to work by 8-8:30.

OK...so I exaggerated just a tad. My point is if he works downtown, can save yourself some time.

It it takes me a little over 10 mins round trip (walking) for dentist office. I can't get to my car and out of ramp in that amount of time....and then I'd have to drive to wherever dentist is located.

Just suggesting it is a nice advantage so might be worth considering. Pretty much get your 6 month checkup done on a 45 min lunch hr.

Last edited: