Designated Survivor

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
I binged it starting a few weeks ago and finished it last week.

I enjoyed it for the most part, although I have seen that Netflix cancelled it, so it's done for good now. I am glad that they got to have a Season 3 in the first place, and I think it had a good ending, and one which you can end a series on, although they certainly established some storylines for a possible Season 4.

To me, it shows how important and vital a showrunner is to any TV series, and incompetence or brilliance can really effect the course and destiny of a series. I read that "DS" went through five different ones before it was over and done with. I do wish that they would have stuck more with the conspiratorial mystery aspect of the show, as I think it was at its best when it did that, as opposed to being more of a "West Wing" type of show.

RIP Designated Survivor. It's too bad it took so long for you to figure out what you were.

The showrunner changes and overall shift in tone didn't help, and neither did the revolving door cast (although I suppose that was one of the things about working in the White House that they really got right....high turnover there).

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I binged it starting a few weeks ago and finished it last week.

I enjoyed it for the most part, although I have seen that Netflix cancelled it, so it's done for good now. I am glad that they got to have a Season 3 in the first place, and I think it had a good ending, and one which you can end a series on, although they certainly established some storylines for a possible Season 4.

To me, it shows how important and vital a showrunner is to any TV series, and incompetence or brilliance can really effect the course and destiny of a series. I read that "DS" went through five different ones before it was over and done with. I do wish that they would have stuck more with the conspiratorial mystery aspect of the show, as I think it was at its best when it did that, as opposed to being more of a "West Wing" type of show.

RIP Designated Survivor. It's too bad it took so long for you to figure out what you were.

I've avoided this thread since I started watching a few months ago.

Just finished bingeing all 3 seasons last night, from over the past few months. I have to agree with everything you said here.

I didn't know if was cancelled until I searched to see if it was renewed and saw it was cancelled. I'm glad it at least end on a scene where you could at least appreciate it being the end.

In the end, the premise of the show, it was going to be hard for them to go much further due to the premise of the show. At least now, the story line was, became an "illegitimate" president, put the government back together, ending with re-election.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron