DeVries to WVU

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Really surprising move, had to be a promise of huge money for him and backed by big NIL money. Otherwise he had to of turned down better jobs than this currently.

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Really surprising move, had to be a promise of huge money for him and backed by big NIL money. Otherwise he had to of turned down better jobs than this currently.
Huggy meddled all year. Hopefully that's taken care of.

Letterkenny

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 26, 2023
WV is a pretty good gig. Really good fan base, reasonable expectations. I'm guessing they'll pay well, and it's surrounded by cool scenery in the mountains, if you're into that sort of thing.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
The one thing it does do is makes the threat of him taking over Iowa less likely. I think he's good but not sure about b12 good. Would be a beautiful area to move to.

Reactions: intrepid27

I-stateTheTruth

Nov 13, 2016
WV is a pretty good gig. Really good fan base, reasonable expectations. I'm guessing they'll pay well, and it's surrounded by cool scenery in the mountains, if you're into that sort of thing.
All probably true and somewhat amazing considering an overall budget shortfall of about $95M that they've been slashing academic programs to pay for.

I went to the game there in Georges' senior year -- IIRC -- and it was very enjoyable.

DeVries has done a great job at Drake; I suppose it was only a matter of time before he took a step or two up in competition.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Idk if he's good enough to make WVU a contender but one of the worst teams in the league will at least be respectable next year. League got harder

• Agree
Reactions: 0u812

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron