DHL RANT

Cydar

Apr 2, 2006
So I order online a computer for my sister as her Christmas gift. As she wouldn't be at my parents until the Friday after Christmas I have a little extra time for the package to arrive. I find out my computer was shipped through DHL on the 21st. I check tracking for the package and it's in Jacksonville, FL on the 24th. My parent's are only a couple hours away so I figure they'll have it by Thursday. As of Friday morning the tracking status was the same so I call DHL. They apologize and tell me that they will get the package out first thing Monday morning. Well today I check the status for the package around 11:00 AM and it's still in Jacksonville (yes the information was updated). About a half hour later I received a phone call from DHL. THEY TELL ME THAT THEY HAVE LOST THE COMPUTER AND TO CALL THE COMPANY THAT I ORDERED IT FROM AND HAVE THEM SEND ANOTHER ONE!!

Man I really hate DHL...:angry6wn:

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
Are they going to pay for it? They should pay for the shipping and the new computer. I bet they have insurance on every package.

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
I've never had this happen but should DHL be working with the place you ordered from more than you since they were the ones that lost it. I'm sure it was an insured packaged so DHL will be covering the cost of the replacement.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Son,

Obviously the computer is not lost, but someone in Jacksonville is enjoying your nice XMAS present compliments of DHL inside thievery.

The Corps of Engineers sent 6 laptops computers to Iraq last year and we let only 3 arrive.

The D(ell)HL Mafia

"Buy a Dell next time"

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
UPS isn't doing much better. I bought some computer equipment the week before Christmas for delivery on 12/28 (shipped in three packages). That equipment was to be installated during the Holiday downtime. On early 12/27, the UPS website stopped updating the tracking information for all three packages, and the delivery date was changed to 1/02. I called UPS again today, and they told me that my package is "on-time for 1/02 delivery", and that there are additional tracking scans beyond what the website is showing, but that it is not detailed tracking info, and they couldn't tell me where my packages exactly are.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
We had a couple packages delayed a day during December - but personally I expected a snag or two - busiest time of the year for these companies.

Never had one lost though.

Help Support Us

Become a patron