Diante Garrett signs with Croatian Team....

ISUCyclone06

Oct 31, 2010
Greensboro, NC
I don't know that the lockout will effect DG. He was going to end up overseas for this season at least anyway. Now he can just go and concentrate on his game.

Does anyone know specifics of this league? Some are a bit sketchy.

cymatterz

Jul 23, 2011
Diante could not have had a worse coach for his first three years and then he has to deal with the unfairness of the NBA lockout and will end up bouncing around countries like Croatia. He deserved better....red shirt freshmen year, develop under someone like Hoiberg, blossom his senior year after a break out junior season, and be a first round pick. Shame.

jsb

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 7, 2008
I don't know that the lockout will effect DG. He was going to end up overseas for this season at least anyway. Now he can just go and concentrate on his game.

Does anyone know specifics of this league? Some are a bit sketchy.

I think this is a good league. He'll make some money and then I think he will get a shot at the NBA.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
I'm happy for DG but traditionally the Euro leagues style of play doesn't fit what he's good at. Maybe it'll be a chance for him to bring along his half court game and get a shot at the NBA.

HoraceGrant

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 30, 2011
Congrats DG. All of that hard work and extra hours in the gym sure are paying off:notworthy: I think it's possible Diante ends up accomplishing as much as Jamaal at the next level IMO.

kucyclone

Jan 16, 2008
Seattle
Congrats DG. All of that hard work and extra hours in the gym sure are paying off:notworthy: I think it's possible Diante ends up accomplishing as much as Jamaal at the next level IMO.

Tinsley? DG is never going to put up anything close to 15.4 PPG or 8.4 APG in the NBA.

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Smart move. How does he make himself visible to NBA execs and coaches if he isn't playing anywhere? He can go overseas, get paid, enjoy the experience, and eventually make his way on to an NBA roster. Better than hanging out in the US waiting for the lockout to end.

clonedude

Apr 16, 2006
He'll make FAR more money in Europe than he would playing for teams like the Iowa Energy in the NBA development league, that's for sure.

He can probably make enough over there to live on the rest of his life if he doesn't spend it all. That's quite a bit of financial security for a young man. I wish I had that.

Good luck DG!

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
He'll make FAR more money in Europe than he would playing for teams like the Iowa Energy in the NBA development league, that's for sure.

He can probably make enough over there to live on the rest of his life if he doesn't spend it all. That's quite a bit of financial security for a young man. I wish I had that.

Good luck DG!

Yep, he can make a good living and play in some pretty high quality leagues overseas. It definitely was the smart move for him to make. And guys like Udonis Haslem, Gary Neal and Ben Wallace started their careers in Europe before joining the NBA.

CloneIce

Apr 11, 2006

Very unlikely, don't see Diante starting for multiple years at Point Guard for an NBA team. Hope he gets a shot and makes the league someday.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Knowing how the NBA is really in a lockout, this year will be great training for DG. Who knows, those NBA players sitting on their duff this year, may slip in some skills. They might come back next year looking lkike a 350 pound Barkley.

Last edited: