Dimitri Stanley-WR transfer

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver

Lots of good routes on deep posts, taking screens to the house, wow - we got a player fellas.
This is the highest tier of CO hs ball too.

I think Marchie Murdock is the perfect comp, about 6" even, wheels, and good hands.

cyclone1209

Nov 5, 2010
Denver
Marchie Murdock was nowhere near as fast as this kid.
And he may be a lot faster. Think he's a day 1 starter.

X Hutchinson, Noel, Stanley and Gaines I think get the snaps. That's a better 4some of WRs than we have had in a little bit.

Shaw may have a tough time seeing the field but still like him as a red zone threat.

• Creative
Reactions: Aclone

CyCloned

Oct 18, 2006
Robins, Iowa

Lots of good routes on deep posts, taking screens to the house, wow - we got a player fellas.

I think Marchie Murdock is the perfect comp, about 6" even, wheels, and good hands.

Kid looks like a winner. The camera work in these highlights is some of the best HS stuff I have ever seen. Props for the camera person.

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
Sean Shaw is going to start, and play a lot.

I still think that they could play Shaw at the Kolar position. He's a good blocker and a big target. But he's not fast enough to scare anyone and definitely not fast enough to take a Safety out of the box or away from Hutchinson.

I think Stanley is the deep threat that they've needed. Seems like they wanted Scates or Wilson to be that guy, but neither have proved that they can do it. Teams are going to have to respect Stanley's speed. He's going to get a ton of snaps whether he starts or not.

t-noah

Feb 2, 2007
This article says he was the top recruit in Colorado his senior year of HS.

According to this article, he was a redshirt freshman 2019. that would have made him a RS Junior last year? Sounds like he will be a RS Senior then for us and have one year of eligibility left?

I'm then assuming if he wants to take his Covid year he could have two years with ISU potentially?

Kid looks like a winner. The camera work in these highlights is some of the best HS stuff I have ever seen. Props for the camera person.
Looks like a great addition! Glad we got him and I will be excited to see him team up with Hutchinson, Noel, and Gaines too. Wow that group looks pretty formidable. Then if Shaw can improve and contribute, look out.

About the camera work on the video, yes it was very good. At the same time it was hard to follow and see the plays in detail (on those close-ups). I guess I would have preferred the panned-out view for the majority and the close-ups for a change of pace. As it was the majority being close-up was kind of irritating IMO.

But you're right, the camera work was very good for what it was.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm

Frak

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 27, 2009
We need more of a receiving threat to spread out the defense I’m tired of seeing them stack the box and blitz which stopped run game and short passes tight end in their tracks even with some really good players in those positions.

Agree. No matter what, they are taking a step back at RB and TE, so someone needs to pick up the slack. I think that this could end up being our best WR group since Butler/Jones/Eaton in 2018. Obviously, Noel needs to continue to progress and Stanley needs to stay healthy and produce, but the pieces are there.

Reactions: cyclone1209

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Agree. No matter what, they are taking a step back at RB and TE, so someone needs to pick up the slack. I think that this could end up being our best WR group since Butler/Jones/Eaton in 2018. Obviously, Noel needs to continue to progress and Stanley needs to stay healthy and produce, but the pieces are there.
I think we'll try to take advantage of Dekkers strong arm and try to hit fast guys in space.

Help Support Us

Become a patron