Directv DVR slowness

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Anyone else experiencing slow DVR response in the past month or so? (HR-34 700 model).

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
All the navigation with the remote is painfully slow for me for quite awhile, not just the DVR. I am going to call "customer service" this week.

isuska

Jun 22, 2011
Ankeny, IA
same model as you, the guide and other menus are very slow. My mini genie's have been acing up as well.

Mine as probably been a little longer than a month though

Chad

Sep 10, 2007
Ankeny, IA
Yes, slowness over the last couple of months. I called to try and get a new HD DVR and of course they said they were aware of slowness and working on a fix. I haven't had time to keep pursuing it.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
HR34 here too and mine has also been slow. Also have an occasional freeze.

RedDog

Jan 28, 2014
If it's hooked to the Internet, unplug the Internet cable and see if it's faster. That would be the first troubleshoot I would do.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
From DTV to me.

Tyler S. : We have identified a software issue with the Genie HR34-700 model receivers. Currently our engineers have identified what is causing this issue, and are working on a software update that will resolve this problem not only for you, but everyone nationally. Al though I do not have a specific time to provide you with when this issue will be fully resolved, I would like to let you know that we have started testing the software in select markets to ensure when we roll it out nationally there will be no other issues. It should not be much longer before we have a software update to correct this issue.
Tyler S. : We do have some steps to take in the meantime to assist with the issues
Tyler S. : First, we can turn off scrolling effects: >Using your remote go to menu >Select settings & help >Select settings >Select Display >Select video >Turn off native and hdmi control >Next go back to display >Select preferences >turn off scrolling effects
Tyler S. : We can also turn off model ID on your remote: >Press and hold MUTE & SELECT until the green light flashes twice > Enter 9 6 3 and the green light should flash twice again. > Press the CHANNEL DOWN key. The green light should flash twice again > Try to pull up your MENU or GUIDE

Thanks DTV........

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
I love how "quickly" they are working on a solution. In the meantime you get a ****** experience/product for a few months.