Disney Word Vacation

CysRage

Oct 18, 2009
Speaking of beer. My friends and I are doing the world tour this weekend. Going around to every country at Epcot World Showcase and trying out their beer. Pretty fun time if people are ever down here.
I just looked up prices because they went up (again...) and I am very jealous of the Florida resident discount you probably used to buy your tickets. If there is any way to get the Florida resident discount without being a resident, please let me know. I'll buy you a few beers when I get there!

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
We went in January and had a blast. The dinner buffet at the Biergarten in Germany at Epcot was a great choice. Good entertainment there as well.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
I just looked up prices because they went up (again...) and I am very jealous of the Florida resident discount you probably used to buy your tickets. If there is any way to get the Florida resident discount without being a resident, please let me know. I'll buy you a few beers when I get there!

I don't get a discount because I get in free to any park. I work here. :)

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
Boardwalk (outside of Epcot) has a nice little micro-brewery. They do have an IPA there as well.

Going to Disney on the 15th through the 19th and then back again in November for the half marathon!

I wanted to try the one at Boardwalk but didn't get to. Have you been?

tec71

Apr 11, 2006
Ankeny, Iowa
We just got back last night, or actually early this morning. All the advice has been covered in this thread. We just stop at Walgreens or Publix and pick some up for the room. It helps to figure out where in each park they serve the adult beverages ahead of time because when you really need one you don't want to be walking eight miles out of your way.

aeroclone

Oct 30, 2006
Didn't have this earlier from my phone, but now that I am on the computer...

Drink Around the World at Epcot World Showcase Disney World

Or if you prefer the cliff notes version.

• Mexico – Margheritas (or Tequila Shots): available at the infamous Margherita Stand or in La Cava Del Tequila in the pyramid.
  • Norway – Beer: There’s an outdoor vending cart with Carlsberg Beer.
  • China – Plum Wine: Visit the Joy of Tea stand.
  • Germany – Beer: The Sommerfest outdoor stand serves a few brews. Choose one that suits your fancy.
  • Italy – Italian Margherita (or Limoncello Shots): Forger the wine, Limoncello is the name of the game and you can find it in the Margherita in the outside gelato stand, or inside as a shot in the mini bar.
  • American Adventure – Beer: Grab a Sam Adams at the outdoor stand you Patriot, you!
  • Japan – Sake: Available at the outdoor stand underneath the Pagoda.
  • Morocco – Beer: Inside the Tangierine Cafe, you’ll find a small selection of beers. Have a Casa.
  • France – Wine, Champagne or Grey Goose Vodka Slush: Les Vins des Chefs de France carries them all. For a special treat, order a Kir Royale (Champagne & Creme de Cassis which is just yummy).
  • UK – Beer: The Rose & Crown Pub is always a good time. Live entertainment at night, and a well-stocked bar. Have an Irish Car Bomb!
  • Canada – Beer: Moosehead it is at the outdoor vending cart in your final start.

JWIL4CY

Nov 17, 2010
Urbandale
Didn't have this earlier from my phone, but now that I am on the computer...

Drink Around the World at Epcot World Showcase Disney World

Or if you prefer the cliff notes version.

• Mexico – Margheritas (or Tequila Shots): available at the infamous Margherita Stand or in La Cava Del Tequila in the pyramid.
  • Norway – Beer: There’s an outdoor vending cart with Carlsberg Beer.
  • China – Plum Wine: Visit the Joy of Tea stand.
  • Germany – Beer: The Sommerfest outdoor stand serves a few brews. Choose one that suits your fancy.
  • Italy – Italian Margherita (or Limoncello Shots): Forger the wine, Limoncello is the name of the game and you can find it in the Margherita in the outside gelato stand, or inside as a shot in the mini bar.
  • American Adventure – Beer: Grab a Sam Adams at the outdoor stand you Patriot, you!
  • Japan – Sake: Available at the outdoor stand underneath the Pagoda.
  • Morocco – Beer: Inside the Tangierine Cafe, you’ll find a small selection of beers. Have a Casa.
  • France – Wine, Champagne or Grey Goose Vodka Slush: Les Vins des Chefs de France carries them all. For a special treat, order a Kir Royale (Champagne & Creme de Cassis which is just yummy).
  • UK – Beer: The Rose & Crown Pub is always a good time. Live entertainment at night, and a well-stocked bar. Have an Irish Car Bomb!
  • Canada – Beer: Moosehead it is at the outdoor vending cart in your final start.

My wife and I had dinner at UK and drank a couple pints each. Then we went and had drinks at every country. 9 months later our first child was born.......

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
I just got back from WDW. Didn't drink too much though. Too much walking around and waiting in countless lines for a week

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
No, I believe the OP is going to Disney Word. It's a lot like Disney World, but it promotes literacy. So, I guess, nothing like Disney World.

It's actually a hip hop themed Disney park. It's pronounced Disney WOOOORD.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
If any of you that just got back stayed at Coronado Springs I worked at 4 am to do the landscaping! :smile:

BTW if any of you are driving down here be extra careful. Lots of wrecks along I-4 and Highway 535. Also if you're driving down Lake Buena Vista no one knows where they are going so it's a mess. The Swan and Dolphin might be a cool place to get a drink too. Very high class, but a nice spot with no kids.

MissouriCyclone

Jul 24, 2011
Raleigh, North Carolina
Ask MissouriCyclone if he can give you a behind the scenes tour.

Behind the scenes is really cool, but ruins the "magic" of Disney. Nothing really to see but concrete and trucks. It's rather sad and disappointing actually. The tunnels smell like **** btw. And that's about all I can about backstage or else I'll get fired.

sunnysideup

Aug 6, 2009
The Metro
If you have the ability to leave Disney property jump on the I-4 and head east for about 5 miles to Total Wine and More. Best shelf craft beer selection in O-town. For IPAs I would stock up on Dogfish Head. Also, if you are looking for Florida craft beer like I was a few months back when I went, temper your expectations. Florida itself doesn't have that big of a craft beer scene like we do in the Midwest.

Help Support Us

Become a patron